Canada Jersey Updates

oakland ehs

With the arm stripes being an inch below the shoulder area, it leads me to wonder if the arm numbers will be on the shoulders...or if it simply won't have any. Aside of that, I like both jerseys. The shoulder yoke on the road jersey looks big, but it might look good on players once they hit the ice and as long as they don't interfere with the players names. I also like where they put the sec. logo, they've created something unique. Finally, at least they don't look like the leafs, thank goodness for hemstripes.

Or Phoenix... or Dallas... or Los Angeles... :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks good, but I think the sec. logo should be on the shoulder and put the sleeve numbers between the arm stripes.

Speaking of Team Canada jerseys. Has anyone seen the ones Molson is giving away in cases of Canadian. They're not bad for a beer prize (which is one step up from the cereal box), but they're more of a practise jersey.

Oh well, you gotta wear some kind of jersey to cheer on the Team. :flagcanada:

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

I love the fact that they have the alternate logo in the middle of the sleeve. It's a rarity that should be done more often (To my knowledge, the only teams that do it now are the Halifax Mooseheads and formerly the Baie-Comeau Drakkar, though there are probably more junior teams that do it, and the jury is still undecided on whether the Thrashers "ATLANTA" sleeve counts.)

The red one, even if only replica, is worth buying.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I like this set much more than the current set up, even with the odd gigantor shoulder yoke on the whites. Now, Canada has usually had three or more jerseys in a set, so I'm wondering if we're going to see a black alt with the alt logo as the main as well?

I like this set much more than the current set up, even with the odd gigantor shoulder yoke on the whites. Now, Canada has usually had three or more jerseys in a set, so I'm wondering if we're going to see a black alt with the alt logo as the main as well?

No thirds at the moment. Maybe by the olympics we may see some.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

In case people care, Nike has changed all replica jerseys which AREN'T Canada, USA and Sweden to sublimented jerseys.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Love how there's no black in the jersey. How many other countries use a colour that's not part of their flag in their jerseys? None come to mind. Canada's colours are red and white; the closest black comes to the flag is a painted flagpole. Ditch the black on the logo and you have something really awesome.

stoneraizersig.jpg

How many other countries use a colour that's not part of their flag in their jerseys?

Need we go through this again? Holland, Italy, Australia...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

In case people care, Nike has changed all replica jerseys which AREN'T Canada, USA and Sweden to sublimented jerseys.

I really hope this isn't true. Just looking at all the sublimated jerseys in the U18 championship makes me cringe. It definitely cheapens the look of them substantially. I know Nike has put out cheaper versions of replicas to sell at World Championships in the arenas and online, but they at least had the sewn versions available at retail as well. Just another butt head move by a company getting out of the hockey business. If it's true, I say good riddance.

Love how there's no black in the jersey. How many other countries use a colour that's not part of their flag in their jerseys? None come to mind. Canada's colours are red and white; the closest black comes to the flag is a painted flagpole. Ditch the black on the logo and you have something really awesome.

Switzerland and Austria have black on theirs, and Latvia used to have black stripes on their old jerseys. They even recoloured their coat of arms so that it's not tacky looking on maroon and white. Then there's a whole bunch that have versions of state coat of arms on their jerseys which all bring different colours into the mix (Finland, Russia, Czech Republic). I personally have no issue with black being brought it. If all nations with two colours in their flags were to use only those two colours, it would mean a lot of very drab looking jerseys in international competition.

I really hope this isn't true. Just looking at all the sublimated jerseys in the U18 championship makes me cringe. It definitely cheapens the look of them substantially. I know Nike has put out cheaper versions of replicas to sell at World Championships in the arenas and online, but they at least had the sewn versions available at retail as well. Just another butt head move by a company getting out of the hockey business. If it's true, I say good riddance.

Have you ever bought one? Has anyone you know bought one? It makes sense to me that they would keep the 3 biggest sellers the way they are and change the rest. If "butt head" = good business decision then I guess they are.

Have you ever bought one? Has anyone you know bought one? It makes sense to me that they would keep the 3 biggest sellers the way they are and change the rest. If "butt head" = good business decision then I guess they are.

Yup, I've bough several, four to be exact, and I know hundreds of others who have as well, just among my group of friends. I also know that some of the smaller nations sell out a lot quicker than the Finlands or Germany's because of smalller runs and a more dedicated fan base. I was looking for a Latvia jersey for my friend at Christmas and they couldn't even order one from Nike in his size because they were all sold out. The guy at the store also told me that three other people had been in looking for the same jersey in the past week. Store owners have told me outright that Nike's hockey division doesn't know how to operate a business, so I'll take their word for it.

It is true. The only thing I am uncertain of is whether you can still find stiched versions out there. At the moment I do not know if only the sublimented versions exist. I'm sure if you are a big enough fan of the Czech Reublic you could order one online... but don't quote me on that part.

Oh yea, the "vintage" Canada jersey is screened onto the jersey. This is good compared to the other version Nike released a few years back where they just glued thin twill onto the jersey to make the patterns.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Store owners have told me outright that Nike's hockey division doesn't know how to operate a business, so I'll take their word for it.
Nike Bauer Hockey has nothing to do with the design or production of uniforms. Nike Team Sports is the division responsible for uniforms and team focused soft goods. Nike Bauer Hockey certainly knows how to run a business as they have the largest market share in the hockey equipment business.

Would that be the same Bauer Hockey that Nike recently sold off?

What I want to know is if the brand will turn back into "Bauer" and have the Nike part phased out.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I think it will be like a "unmerger" where both brands will "try" to become like they were before.

The day that it was sold I remember hearing the new owner talk about it on Prime Time Sports with Bob McGowan. He was saying that some newly released products will still be branded as "nike bauer" and until those product lines are discontinued there will still be "nike bauer" products on the market.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

My first reaction to the jerseys, especially the white one, is that they look like some sort of generic "Logo 7" brand fan shirts made to resemble a jersey that they crank out in team colors with the logos slapped on, not unlike this...

2fcd_1.JPG204e_1.JPG

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived