Canada Jersey Updates

oakland ehs

Im liking the new look but as most of you have said, the red shoulers on the white is way to big. Its a nice touch but make it smaller. Nice upgrade by Canada. Just wondering though, is the black jersey gone?

Side note, I dont think all teams will adopt this new look because if you watched the Womens hockey championship, team USA had new jerseys as well. They were similar to the swift jerseys but it had stripes around the waist. If I find a pic Ill post them.

From what I have seen USA has NOT changed. They are still selling the same Edge they have worn since 2 years ago.

It appears as if all the other teams aside from the USA have new jerseys, and they look very similar to the Nike Swift 1.0, but some of the striping is a bit different.

I believe that the sweaters the women's team wore at the World Championships is the new USA jersey, because it is a similar like change as the other IIHF nations.

You can actually compare the 2008 jerseys with the initial Swift's on Icejerseys.com

Juventus.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im liking the new look but as most of you have said, the red shoulers on the white is way to big. Its a nice touch but make it smaller. Nice upgrade by Canada. Just wondering though, is the black jersey gone?

Side note, I dont think all teams will adopt this new look because if you watched the Womens hockey championship, team USA had new jerseys as well. They were similar to the swift jerseys but it had stripes around the waist. If I find a pic Ill post them.

From what I have seen USA has NOT changed. They are still selling the same Edge they have worn since 2 years ago.

It appears as if all the other teams aside from the USA have new jerseys, and they look very similar to the Nike Swift 1.0, but some of the striping is a bit different.

I believe that the sweaters the women's team wore at the World Championships is the new USA jersey, because it is a similar like change as the other IIHF nations.

You can actually compare the 2008 jerseys with the initial Swift's on Icejerseys.com

I have seen all the new jerseys in person and I will tell you that the Team USA jerseys were no different from the ones they wore in Turino. I don't know what the women were wearing but at the moment, the men won't be wearing them at the World Championships.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I like the way they look, classy. Now if only people that take pics of these things can afford a cellphone that has a proper camera, that'd be golden.

Maybe shut your mouth and contribute something instead of knocking what others contribute.

Cry a little more and learn to detect sarcasm.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I think the white one is awful, but the red one is decent. My only issue with the red one is the stupid little logo in between the sleeve stripes. That's just unnecessary and weird-looking. The white one sucks because the shoulders seem out of place for some reason. Maybe the pants will balance everything out (I'm assuming those will be red, now that it looks like they're downplaying black in the color scheme). Come to think of it, even the red sweater could use a little black trim. If it's still in the logo, it needs to be incorporated into the jerseys.

This looks kind of like they took the old Leafs jerseys and just replaced all the blue with white. I won't be buying one, that's for sure. I wish they'd go back to the awesome '02 look, or even the '98 ones.

I like the way they look, classy. Now if only people that take pics of these things can afford a cellphone that has a proper camera, that'd be golden.

Maybe shut your mouth and contribute something instead of knocking what others contribute.

Cry a little more and learn to detect sarcasm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

fail-24.jpg

....epic-failure08.jpg

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Dont recal reading this but has anyone noticed the gold outline around the logo on the white jerseys? On the team canada website you can see it better.

If you look at the pics on the first post of this thread you'll see the gold is outlined on both red and white jerseys.

zzPEfBm.png

After seeing them in action, I like them a lot more than I initially did. I was concerned that the black in the logo would look out of place, but they included black helmets, gloves and shorts and even trimmed the numbers in black. It looks very nice.

Just looked on the IIHF website and they have an article on all the teams Retro jerseys along with pictures and a description of the tops. Also of note, when it was first released in the IIHF Ice Times online magazine, Denmark was listed as not participating, this has now changed. Enjoy:

Canada 2008 Teams Go Retro

Part of me wishes the teams would wear the retro jerseys against each other but I guess I can see why they don't.

More photos...

XJQB102042620_1024x768.jpg

XJQB103042620_1024x768.jpg

Holy crap, check out the ads on the goalie equipment...

no, no, no, those are louisville's new Sunny Trading reflex system... great for butterfly and standup goalies alike.... also look for Vaughns new epic 3200 mercedes benz line... beeeeeauties...

sig.png

Archived