2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

What the :censored: is wrong with the Pistons? Don't they realize that they need to actually WIN the games in order to advance to the next round?

relax jigga. they'll turn it on when they need to and pull out the series. just like they did last year in the conference finals... <_<

That's the exact attitude I'm lamenting. I truly believe that Flip and the players think this way.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What the :censored: is wrong with the Pistons? Don't they realize that they need to actually WIN the games in order to advance to the next round?

relax jigga. they'll turn it on when they need to and pull out the series. just like they did last year in the conference finals... <_<

That's the exact attitude I'm lamenting. I truly believe that Flip and the players think this way.

they've had that attitude since they won the title back in '04 and you can tell by the way they play. its hard to watch when you know that is whats goin on. what makes it worse is that i can't watch any of the games here (don't have cable AND i live in cincy) so i get to hear it from the cavalier bandwagon that i work with.

The Nuggets are DONE! They can't play defense, they're playing like it's just a formality, it's sick. Also looks like George Karl's job is on the ropes now.

Melo, Iverson, K-Mart, Camby and still 8th in the conference... It's not the talent, it's the coaching. They should be MUCH better than this.

I wonder if any people here laughed at me for saying Atlanta will take a game from Boston at home...

Well, it looks like I'm pretty damn smart for saying this as the Hawks are beating down the C's by 15. Seriously, I was trying to be nice to the Hawk fans in saying that. I didn't think Atlanta would take the home court edge and crack Boston upside the head.

I wonder if any people here laughed at me for saying Atlanta will take a game from Boston at home...

Well, it looks like I'm pretty damn smart for saying this as the Hawks are beating down the C's by 15. Seriously, I was trying to be nice to the Hawk fans in saying that. I didn't think Atlanta would take the home court edge and crack Boston upside the head.

I didn't think the refs would be complete :censored: bags and :censored: the crap out of the Celtics. It's also real funny how the shot clocks mysteriously stopped working at halftime and they left the :censored:-ing Hawks PA guy to announce the shot clock. What a pile of crap the NBA can be. I'm sorry, but this is just absolutely ridiculous.

I also didn't see the Hawks not missing one shot the whole god damn game.

I didn't think the refs would be complete :censored: bags and :censored: the crap out of the Celtics. It's also real funny how the shot clocks mysteriously stopped working at halftime and they left the :censored:-ing Hawks PA guy to announce the shot clock. What a pile of crap the NBA can be. I'm sorry, but this is just absolutely ridiculous.

Calm down young fella. Hawks won a game, so what. It's good that the Celtics lost one early, we didn't want them to go 15-0, then lose 4 straight.

Your right. They could have been totally fair and leave the Hawks shot clock on.

Do you honestly not know that your team just got out played?

Josh Smith is the man. The MAN!

GO HAWKS GO!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Your right. They could have been totally fair and leave the Hawks shot clock on.

Do you honestly not know that your team just got out played?

Josh Smith is the man. The MAN!

GO HAWKS GO!

Okay, but the dude was calling the Celtics clock slow on at least one important occasion. That or the refs deliberately screwed us, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I understand the Hawks shot lights out. I understand the Celtics played like 80 year-old :censored:. I also understand, though, that there were quite a few absurd unfair advantages to the Hawks side. I'm not worried whalersjets, just pissed and frustrated about everything. Oh and Drew you might wanna tell your man Horford that taunting Paul Pierce isn't exactly the smartest thing to do! ;)

I didn't think the refs would be complete **** bags and **** the crap out of the Celtics. It's also real funny how the shot clocks mysteriously stopped working at halftime and they left the ****-ing Hawks PA guy to announce the shot clock. What a pile of crap the NBA can be. I'm sorry, but this is just absolutely ridiculous.

You know it's not the first time the scoreboard, game or shot clock has malfunctioned? Heck a malfunction happened last year during a playoff game in Cleveland. .... and oh yeah, the NBA has a conspiracy against Boston :rolleyes:

I saw, I came, I left.

I didn't think the refs would be complete **** bags and **** the crap out of the Celtics. It's also real funny how the shot clocks mysteriously stopped working at halftime and they left the ****-ing Hawks PA guy to announce the shot clock. What a pile of crap the NBA can be. I'm sorry, but this is just absolutely ridiculous.

You know it's not the first time the scoreboard, game or shot clock has malfunctioned? Heck a malfunction happened last year during a playoff game in Cleveland. .... and oh yeah, the NBA has a conspiracy against Boston :rolleyes:

They may be retaliating for Videogate! ^_^

Just curious, could the officiating be any more skewed towards the Lakers right now?

Oh, hush. That's just the homer in you screaming out loud.

If your team was ever interested in playing defense, then you could bitch about refs. The Nuggets never had a snowball's chance in hell against the Lakers at Staples. You should put all your pent up, misguided, and irrational fanboy lunatic raving into helping them play defense. They need all the help they can get Hell, you'd just better put all that energy in helping them not get swept.

The officiating was HORRID at the end of the game last night.

I'm fully aware that the Nuggets need to play some freakin' defense to have a shot.

I just hate NBA officiating in general, it's the worst in all of sports.

No...the Arena Football League's refs have that market cornered.

More specifically af2 refs

"By rule, I am incompetent."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Just got back from Game 3. All I can say is, it's been a long time coming. That was probably the most electrified crowd I've seen in Philips Arena. I'm pretty sure that I wasn't the only one who went to the arena pulling for the Hawks knowing good and well that people gave them absolutely no chance to win.

But they did it. They avoided the sweep. I could really care less about the rest of the series, all I know is, 98% of you guys picked the Celtics in a sweep. Guess what? You. Were.

wrong.jpg

This at least means that the Celtics will NOT celebrate a round victory on our home court. Our guys came out with a passion. They really made the Celtics look old. Josh Smith especially made the Celtics look old. I really should've informed you guys that the Hawks are a completely different team at home than on the road. The next home game will be a fight, and I fully expect that the Celtics are going to give their best shot now that they know that the Hawks CAN hang with them. But I also expect the Hawks to actually play with a little swagger, and Horford flustering Pierce is more of a statement, saying "We're here. Get ready for a fight."

I still don't expect the Hawks to win. I'm just saying that the Celtics better be ready for a fight. They just got smacked in the mouth. Let's see how they respond.

EDIT: and LOL at the ludicrous statement that the refs were screwing Boston. Really? For the first 3 quarters, if Garnett was breathed on, a foul was called. Them finally calling Ray Allen for kneeing someone in the chest for a layup was the turning point as far as the refs were concerned.

Just curious, could the officiating be any more skewed towards the Lakers right now?

Oh, hush. That's just the homer in you screaming out loud.

If your team was ever interested in playing defense, then you could bitch about refs. The Nuggets never had a snowball's chance in hell against the Lakers at Staples. You should put all your pent up, misguided, and irrational fanboy lunatic raving into helping them play defense. They need all the help they can get Hell, you'd just better put all that energy in helping them not get swept.

The officiating was HORRID at the end of the game last night.

I'm fully aware that the Nuggets need to play some freakin' defense to have a shot.

I just hate NBA officiating in general, it's the worst in all of sports.

No...the Arena Football League's refs have that market cornered.

More specifically af2 refs

"By rule, I am incompetent."

you know I'm right Ew.....err not supossed to call you that here

Oh and Drew you might wanna tell your man Horford that taunting Paul Pierce isn't exactly the smartest thing to do! ;)

Well throwing up Bloods gang signs at Horford ain't exactly too smart either. :P

Stern, the refs and the networks rigged it so none of the playoff series are sweeps. Come on Lakers better get with the program and lose one :P

Ask the Nuggets to get with the program, and show up to play Game 4 unlike they did in Game 3

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Stern, the refs and the networks rigged it so none of the playoff series are sweeps. Come on Lakers better get with the program and lose one :P

Ask the Nuggets to get with the program, and show up to play Game 4 unlike they did in Game 3

Yea, someone needs to tell the Nuggets they have to actually try. Unfortunately, I see a sweep here and Karl gone.

Archived