2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe I passed up the opportunity to go to the Hawks game. We were gonna get tickets, but we decided the were too expensive to see the Hawks lose.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Cavaliers wore their wine road jersey for the first time in the post season.

Thank god!!!

The last 3 years they have only worn their alt. jersey for road playoff games.

The wine jersey looks so much better!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Stern, the refs and the networks rigged it so none of the playoff series are sweeps. Come on Lakers better get with the program and lose one :P

Ask the Nuggets to get with the program, and show up to play Game 4 unlike they did in Game 3

Yea, someone needs to tell the Nuggets they have to actually try. Unfortunately, I see a sweep here and Karl gone.

Nothing unfortunate about Karl being gone.

IUe6Hvh.png

Stern, the refs and the networks rigged it so none of the playoff series are sweeps. Come on Lakers better get with the program and lose one :P

Ask the Nuggets to get with the program, and show up to play Game 4 unlike they did in Game 3

Yea, someone needs to tell the Nuggets they have to actually try. Unfortunately, I see a sweep here and Karl gone.

The unfortunate part was the sweep... I'm thinking Karl being gone might be what the team needs.

The unfortunate part was the sweep... I'm thinking Karl being gone might be what the team needs.

This teams being dismantled after this year. You would know better than I would but my buddy is telling me there's rumors galore about whether or not Melo will even be a Nugget next year.

What I would do? I'd trade Iverson and Camby. Iverson's a $20 million expiring contract that comes off of the books after the '08-09 season as I understand it -- plus, he's still an elite player in the NBA. And Camby's still got some trade value. This team as it is isn't going to win it all, might as well start over.

IUe6Hvh.png

Boston?s Paul Pierce and Washington?s DeShawn Stevenson Fined

NEW YORK, April 28, 2008 ? Boston Celtics forward Paul Pierce and Washington Wizards guard DeShawn Stevenson have each been fined $25,000 for making menacing gestures during games played this weekend, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President Basketball Operations.

The incident involving Pierce occurred in the fourth period of the Celtics? 102-93 Game 3 loss to the Atlanta Hawks on April 26. The incident involving Stevenson occurred in the first period of the Wizards? 100-97 Game 4 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers on April 27.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Hawks about to win again. I'm officially nervous. Celtics have to stop Joe Johnson somehow, because the Hawks would be down and out without him. Officially sick of Paul Pierce, has two all star players with him, and two great players but decides to hog the ball instead.

So, um...yeah.

How 'bout them Hawks?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nothin about the Jazz, fellas? Aww come on! leading 3-1 right now over Houston (another favorite of mine....gosh I hate it when the Jazz have to play Houston but oh well I'll always go with the Jazz anytime!), playing good team ball and in my mind, should be a favorite but instead may look like a sleeper for a title run. IDK why fellas, it may just be my die-hard Jazz fan loyalty, but I'm feelin a Jazz title run right now. I know alot of you wont agree but I'm feelin it. Just my 2 cents on the playoffs.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I'm so happy for all of the Hawk supporters who get to experience two Super Bowl wins within their first 3 days of being a fan.

-Okay.

-Yeah, I am really pissed.

-The Celtics suck.

-Sam Cassell sucks.

-That was the single worst performance I have ever seen by a team in my entire life. Despicable. They should be ashamed of themselves.

-Get Tony Allen in the god damn game.

-Joe Johnson is a man beast.

On the other hand-

-The 1st half was the most abominable display of officiating I have ever seen. Don't give me any bull. The 2nd half was marginally better.

-Don't overreact, I am not blaming the refs entirely for the loss, but it did have a huge impact on the game.

-David Stern is a jackass.

-Horford: Thug. Smith: Punk. Bibby: Punk.(with a really good game today) Pachulia: Euro-friggin'-trash.

-The Hawks are playing their nuts off. I think they were really pumped by the sudden threefold increase in 'fans.' in the stadium.

-Why the :censored: were they playing the Cheers theme song?

-We need a fresh start. Let's go back to Boston and start over. Right now these boys are nothing more than the 07 Mavs.

Edit: infrared - The ghost of Len Bias. :P

The Jazz are facing T-Mac who is allergic to playoff wins

Ah, that's ok. That's a plus for us! I didnt base my title run thingy on right now. I was feelin it when they finished the season with the best home record in the west! BOO-YAH!!!! :D And yes,yes,yes, I already know they have lost one at home in the playoffs. But that I guarantee was a hic-cup and they will bounce back and dominate and home....and on the road!

P.S: Sorry about your Celtics, Gingy. Nontheless, if and only IF the get out of the series alive, I'll have you know that I had your Celtics winning the east. I think I'll still have them heading that direction.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I'm so happy for all of the Hawk supporters who get to experience two Super Bowl wins within their first 3 days of being a fan.

-Okay.

-The Celtics suck.

-Sam Cassell sucks.

-That was the single worst performance I have ever seen by a team in my entire life. Despicable. They should be ashamed of themselves.

On the other hand-

-The 1st half was the most abominable display of officiating I have ever seen. Don't give me any bull. The 2nd half was marginally better.

-Don't overreact, I am not blaming the refs entirely for the loss, but it did have a huge impact on the game.

-Horford: Thug. Smith: Punk. Bibby: Punk.(with a really good game today) Pachulia: Euro-friggin'-trash.

-The Hawks are playing their nuts off. I think they were really pumped by the sudden threefold increase in 'fans.' in the stadium.

-We need a fresh start. Let's go back to Boston and start over. Right now these boys are nothing more than the 07 Mavs.

Edit: infrared - The ghost of Len Bias.

You would've never guessed after this post that this is a fan of a team that won 66 games and the first two games of this series by a combined 40+ points.

Heh. I like this. The Hawks have got the Celtics and their bandwagon "Nation" hot and bothered.

Where was Pierce's 40+ point effort at? Where were his gang signs at? Where was KG's nipple flashing at? Where's Sam Cassell's big balls at? Where's his craftyness at? Where's the composure from the "best team in the league" at? Where, I ask?! WHERE?! :P

Eh. At least us "bandwagon" fans down here get to celebrate a "Super Bowl win." That's more than what the Patriots fans could say about this year. :D

-Okay.

-The Celtics suck.

-Sam Cassell sucks.

On the other hand-

Edit: infrared - The ghost of Len Bias. :P

Those Boston sports fans. Gracious in defeat, classy in victory, and always maintaining a reasonable perspective. I wouldn't poke fun, but boy if it isn't so easy. And entertaining too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Jazz are facing T-Mac who is allergic to playoff wins

P.S: Sorry about your Celtics, Gingy. Nontheless, if and only IF the get out of the series alive, I'll have you know that I had your Celtics winning the east. I think I'll still have them heading that direction.

Yeah, so did most people. This is just a big shock to most people, myself included. Just gotta erase the last 4 games and start over, this time with the right mental approach to carry us through the obstacles.

Archived