2008 NBA Playoffs

Drew22

If you look closely at the play-by-play stats from last night's Celtics-Hawks game, you will see that, from starting around the midpoint of the 3rd quarter, the Hawks scored points on seventeen straight possessions.....against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. That's incredible...

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you look closely at the play-by-play stats from last night's Celtics-Hawks game, you will see that, from starting around the midpoint of the 3rd quarter, the Hawks scored points on seventeen straight possessions.....against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. That's incredible...

I noticed that too. Superboost from the crowd or not, that's wild.

I always find the NBA playoffs to be very unprofessional. Like how they start the second round before the first round is over, and teams have two days off in between games. The NBA playoffs are all about making money not about good basketball.

Well, it's currently 85-49 Celtics in the 4th Quarter of Game 7.

This may be the most mystifying Hawks team ever. I mean, I knew they were bad on the road, but I guess there's really no excuse for getting destroyed by the Celtics after proving that they could beat them, albeit at home. It was just a shame to watch them go out and get destroyed like that.

But I guess it's cool. The future definitely looks bright, though. If the Hawks can improve from being an atrociously bad road team to being a halfway decent road team, they'll make some noise in the future.

But until then, thanks Hawks. Enjoyed the run, even though it never extended outside of Atlanta.

C's have issued a statement. That statement reads: "Atlanta's not ready for prime time."

85-51, less than 8:00 left. :)

Neither is Boston until they demonstrate they can win on the road in the playoffs. Because guess what...LeBron's fully capable of taking at least one in Boston.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

C's have issued a statement. That statement reads: "Atlanta's not ready for prime time."

They're not even ready for the afternoon.

I saw, I came, I left.

That was beyond maddening. It was saddening. If the Hawks can bring everyone back for next year and get a center besides Zaza, they should be good.

Thanks for the great ride Hawks. Bring it again next year.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Neither is Boston until they demonstrate they can win on the road in the playoffs. Because guess what...LeBron's fully capable of taking at least one in Boston.

Indeed. Big whoop, Boston. You beat the 'worst' playoff team in the playoffs this year in 7 games. Let's see what happens against the LeBrons, or the Pistons. If you guys run into Detroit, I can only pray that you guys make it competitive because the Pistons are in 'kill' mode right now.

Great point, and you're absolutely right. In the NBA Playoffs, you never bet against the team with the best player. And knowing NBA officiating, we should be in for a treat in the next round.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Indeed. Big whoop, Boston. You beat the 'worst' playoff team in the playoffs this year in 7 games. Let's see what happens against the LeBrons, or the Pistons. If you guys run into Detroit, I can only pray that you guys make it competitive because the Pistons are in 'kill' mode right now.

What's your point? Do you think anyone on this team is satisfied in any way with their performance in this series, at least on the road? They are, and should be, disgusted.

Not that the game today wasn't the single best performance I've ever seen at least this year.

I didn't expect that from Marvin. Maybe Horford or Pachulia or Bibby, but not Marvin. I like him generally. And Zaza got owned. :D

Big whoop, Boston. You beat the 'worst' playoff team in the playoffs this year in 7 games.

Thank you. I read about Garnett's throat slash gesture, and thought the exact same thing.

??? Are you thinking of De Shawn Stevenson?

What's your point? Do you think anyone on this team is satisfied in any way with their performance in this series, at least on the road? They are, and should be, disgusted.

Not that the game today wasn't the single best performance I've ever seen at least this year.

I didn't expect that from Marvin. Maybe Horford or Pachulia or Bibby, but not Marvin. I like him generally. And Zaza got owned. :D

That play looked much worse live than it actually was though. It looked like he was trying to kill him live, but the replays made it look like he was trying to hug him to keep him from scoring.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Big whoop, Boston. You beat the 'worst' playoff team in the playoffs this year in 7 games.

Thank you. I read about Garnett's throat slash gesture, and thought the exact same thing.

??? Are you thinking of De Shawn Stevenson?

Nope, Garnett:

article

Unfortunately, so many guys are doing that tired schtick that it begged the question. Why don't these guys just shut up and do their job, and quit showing up an inferior team they should've put away much earlier?

The statement being it took us 7 games to beat a sub .500 team. :lol:

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I just read that the Hornets are up 2-0 over the Spurs in the second round.

I guess all it takes for Byron Scott to be a good coach is having the best point guard in the league. Seems like a good strategy to me.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I just read that the Hornets are up 2-0 over the Spurs in the second round.

I guess all it takes for Byron Scott to be a good coach is having the best point guard in the league. Seems like a good strategy to me.

Let's hope that Chris Paul won't drive him out of town :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived