Milwaukee Brewer uni's

MiK

Just doing some late night painting, decided to take up what we all hope to be permanent retro uni's for the brew crew.

First the Home:

MILhome.png

These are the best uni's in all brewer history, so why not use them?

For the Road:

MILaway.png

A return to powder blue road jerseys! The second best uni in all brewer history, IMO of course.

A slightly update version, Alternate for home:

MILhome2.png

I tried to combine today with the past, jazz it up a bit. I mean the script is very nice today, and it would be a shame to waste it.

And of course, a road alternate:

MILaway2.png

It's too bad that we don't have any uni's with the script that says "Milwaukee" anymore. I think it would look sharp. Gotta love that powdered blue.

That's all for now, C&C is always helpful, this being my first concept and all.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Two things:

1 -- Ball & Glove sucks

2 -- Powder blue sucks

With that said, your mix of the newer script and the retro uni isn't too bad.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I love the idea for the alternates. It looks really cool. That font holds up really well when being recolored. I have to agree that the powered blue doesn't work in this case. It works as a Royals alternate, but I don't think it could ever replace road grays again.

MildlyPsycho.png

Realsig.png

I personally love the ball and glove logo which people seem to either love or hate so thats obviously going to influence how people feel about this concept. I would like to see the home alt without the pinstripes so that it is more of just a recoloring of the current home jersey (w/ the ball & glove patch added). Also, what about making the road alt royal blue to be paired with gray pants so that there's not two powder blue unis just with different wordmarks.

Overall I like them, good job.

mets.png

Never liked that one - it was just the same road script with an unnecessary tail. Unless you mean the 1990-1993 home script?

al_1992_milwaukee.gif

Not too bad, MiK. I don't like the yellow belt on the road, but the road leg stripe is nice.

The new wordmarks are terrible, unbalanced things. Not even the classic colors can save them, because the design flaw isn't in the color scheme. They have to go.

Two things:

1 -- Ball & Glove sucks

2 -- Powder blue sucks

With that said, your mix of the newer script and the retro uni isn't too bad.

WHAT?!?! The ball and glove is one the my favorite logos ever! It's so clever, the b and m making the glove it's prefect! I could do without the powder blues here, but the ball and glove? No way. Nice job overall, and I love the current script with the old colors/logo.

UPDATE:

Alright, thank you for the feedback, and i went a little overboard with the powder blue....so

New Home Jerseys:

MILhome2b.png

Basic recoloring of current home unis with the ball in glove logo replacing the secondary logo on the hat and sleeve, also added blue and yellow stripe on sleeve ends.

New Road Jerseys:

MILaway2bcopy.png

Again, just a recoloring of current road unis with the ball in glove switcheroo, and the script saying "Milwaukee" instead of "Brewers".

Atlernate Home Jersey:

MILhome.png

The Classic.

Alternate Alternate Alternate Night Game in the West where only a few people will see them:

MILaway.png

i can't help it, i love the powderblue

thanks for all the feedback, both positive and negative

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

For the ball/glove logo, do you realize that it sort of says "M" (in the fingers) and "b" (for the thumb/ball) which could stand for Milwuakee Brewers. (Sorry if that was supposed to be obvious, but no one realy specifically pointed it out yet).

For the ball/glove logo, do you realize that it sort of says "M" (in the fingers) and "b" (for the thumb/ball) which could stand for Milwuakee Brewers. (Sorry if that was supposed to be obvious, but no one realy specifically pointed it out yet).

That's pretty much what they were going for when they designed the logo. :rolleyes:

The updated concepts are really beautiful man. Combining old and new with the Brewers is something that I'd really like to see them do and you've executed this concept magnificantly.

Great job man.

[guinness guys/] BRILLIANT![guinness guys]

He has found the crux of what I think is the problem, which is ...

The team is called the "Brewers." Beer colors include various shades of gold, plus black for BRILLIANT! drinkers.

Where have you ever seen blue beer?

I believe the answer is to replace blue with black, and go with other beer-related colors (something like their current metallic gold and old gold). Maybe cream-colored home unis instead of the white, too.

Packers-2.png

[guinness guys/] BRILLIANT![guinness guys]

He has found the crux of what I think is the problem, which is ...

The team is called the "Brewers." Beer colors include various shades of gold, plus black for BRILLIANT! drinkers.

Where have you ever seen blue beer?

I believe the answer is to replace blue with black, and go with other beer-related colors (something like their current metallic gold and old gold). Maybe cream-colored home unis instead of the white, too.

Sorry...but I gotta disagree here, if a team needs to be the colors of its nickname how can the Cubs pull off Blue and Red? I like the blue and gold color scheme...and i like the retro blue and gold better than the new blue and gold.

brewerssig.jpg

Not to mention orange and blue Bears, navy Tigers, orange and blue Broncos, green and red Bucks, green and silver Eagles, blue and gold Rams, blue and yellow Rays, aqua and coral Dolphins, etc. Best not to get trapped in overly literal thinking. Sometimes it works - the Orioles and Bengals spring to mind - but it certainly isn't required.

And the new wordmarks are still unbalanced. Your recolor is good but doesn't fix the inherent design flaw.

IMO the best combination would be the retro pinstripes in royal with the current "Brewers" script, and the road grays in royal with the current "Milwaukee" script.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived