OT: Comments on the site

Sabrejeff

Whoa... that looks a bit out of line eh? fotr that new poster... blah he nuts....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Yeesh....I guess it's time to remove the comments feature again....

Heh-heh....penis.... :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Yeah, hockey nerd and a couple other guys probably need to have their commenting privileges revoked.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I have to agree with removing the feature. They have become mini boards that are logo specific of ranting and raving. Instead of the "Main Board" having the discussions, each logo now has it's own board for non-sense.

I was hoping it would be used for more "Betcha didn't know" facts, as it was intended.

"All comments must be approved, and may take up to 72 hours to appear. Any comments containing vulgarity, profanity, spam, or other questionable content may be deleted. Your IP is being traced."

if TSN can do it, so can Chris.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Chris, I think it's time for you to revisit the comment function on the main site again

Seriously, some commentjust make me shake my head You should need a certain number of posts to be able to post commes on the logos.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The difference is that TSN is a huge company, with an entire staff to monitor its websites, and yzerfan is one guy who does this as a hobby.

Fixed.

yzerfan helps out with code, scary technical or server issues i run into, especially when the boards go down or if i'm trying to put an update through... all content management on the logos site is done by me with help from njtank and zer0dotcom who occasionally will add some logos.

i was unable to monitor the comments so (with a lot of help from yzerfan) we went with this method instead.

if some people want to volunteer a few hours a day to claw through a bunch of comments then do so, and commit to it, otherwise this is the way we're doing it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

Β 

"The Mothership" β€’ News β€’ Facebook β€’ X/Twitter β€’ Instagram

Perhaps if we could get some dedicated people to 'take a section' and look through the comments in a certain section every day or other day it could make it useful. But in it's current manner I don't think it's very good. I myself wouldn't mind taking a section and helping out, I spend enough time around here, I just never post.

Yea I think it'd be cool if instead of COMMENTS it was FACTS.

And instead of "Add Comment..." replace it with "Add Fact"

That would require wiping out all the comments that are already there, or sorting through them all, because if you don't, people will see the comments and realize oh, he wrote some random :censored:, why can't I?!

But I realize that involves a lot of time and effort, so it's not a realistic suggestion.

|Β BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANSΒ |

Β 

Or how about it's really not that big of a deal.

I agree with Chris...if it's that serious of an issue for some people volunteer and take a few hours to rummage through all of the comments and weed out the one's you don't like!

Making the world a better place one step at a time!

And Sabrejeff, you chose one out of the thousands of logos on the site with a very high number of responses, most likely because it's the Superbowl logo and this year, it is a TERRIBLE logo.

And Sabrejeff, you chose one out of the thousands of logos on the site with a very high number of responses, most likely because it's the Superbowl logo and this year, it is a TERRIBLE logo.

The (now banned) poster in question was doing that in many comment sections; his comments have since been deleted.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yea I think it'd be cool if instead of COMMENTS it was FACTS.

And instead of "Add Comment..." replace it with "Add Fact"

That would require wiping out all the comments that are already there, or sorting through them all, because if you don't, people will see the comments and realize oh, he wrote some random :censored:, why can't I?!

But I realize that involves a lot of time and effort, so it's not a realistic suggestion.

Before it was "comments," it was "facts." People still wrote random crap in there, or stuff that is known to be untrue.

Oh I agree, but I've actually been noticing some of the comments on the main page. The "Recent Logos Comments" section has a head-shaker or two every time I visit. I figured after these comments it was time for this thread.

Archived