Sask Riders getting new green and new unis...

GMac

The Roughriders' uniforms could be in for some changes.

Jim Hopson, the Roughriders president and CEO, said the green that was part of the team's popular retro jerseys in 2007 is to be featured morethis season.

"It won't be drastic but that colour will be reflected across the piece,'' Hopson said. "We will be unveiling new green uniforms, new white ones and new pants ... They will look spectacular. They are not sweeping changes, but we want to incorporate the retro-green and be consistent with it.''

Hopson also suggested changes might be in the offing for the helmet and team logo.

I read that a few days ago on the leaderpost website guess no one saw it but me. As a rider fan and a guy that has both the current and the retro jersey I was kind of surprised that they didnt colour match the greens when I picked up my retro last year, while it wouldnt be historically accurate it was weird seeing two different shades of jersey in the stadium. I cant really imagine what they are going to do differently for the jerseys other than a colour switch when reebok unveiled the whole league switch all the designs were uninspired as the riders, winnipeg, ottawa and the argos all had the same template... the logo thing has me wondering if they will jut go back to teh old school S fulltime... that stuff is flying off the shelves...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Anything that gets away from the black pants is a positive step for the Green Riders.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Saskatchewan's retro is gorgeous, meanwhile us Bomber fans have gross gold ones that show all the players sweat.

A real Bomber fan would know that the gold jersey is the best in the set.

I hope the Riders do go back to the old stuff full-time, though. Much better looking like the NYJets than the Eagles, IMO. If they can combine the old S with the wraparound wheat, I'll be happy.

Or at least as happy as I can be with the Riders. Bringing in black was completely unnecessary, and served only to stoke the ego of Roy "Black Jesus" Shivers.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I think they should have a "Design a Roughrider" logo contest. They could offer up 1000 Canuckistani dollars and 2 season tickets. That would go over well.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think they should have a "Design a Roughrider" logo contest. They could offer up 1000 Canuckistani dollars and 2 season tickets. That would go over well.

Throw in a bushel of wheat and watch the entries come in....

I saw, I came, I left.

A real Bomber fan would know that the gold jersey is the best in the set.

I go to every single Blue Bombers game, I consider myself to be a real fan.

Then you should know just how beautiful those jerseys really are.

Where the team is falling quite short is allowing the plain navy sweatpants to be worn with any of the three jerseys they currently have. Those pants along make everything else about the team look absolutely horrible. The white pants, on the other hand, look great with anything, even after Labo(u)r Day.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Anything that gets away from the black pants is a positive step for the Green Riders.

They actually didn't wear the black pants once last year, which I was thrilled about.

I like both the current uniform set and the retro alternate, so I'll reserve judgement on this until I see the new ones.

• 3 weeks later...

So a bit of an update... back when i posted that original topic the riders took down all uniforms for sale none to be found anywhere... but looky what i found in a west edmonton mall jersey city... same basic uniform but in the dark retro green... and added for the 2008 season saskatchewan on the front of the jersey above the numbers... its never been there before... and as far as i can tell no announcement on these jerseys yet.. .have i found my first leak... lol

img001.jpg

thank god for my treo

www.pifflespodcast.com

That looks almost exactly the same as their primary home jersey from last season.

it is... just different shade of green it now matches their throwback jersey plus the added saskatchewan wordmark on thr front

www.pifflespodcast.com

I'm curious - do these colors look close to the current jersey colors vs. the retro colors?:

SaskatchewanRoughriders_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

vs.

SaskatchewanRoughriders_FRC_1984_SOL.jpg

These are the only two Greens I've ever found for the Roughriders, and I was wondering if they were close to the fabric colors.

I hope there isn't a political message in that little gem of yours.........

DEATH TO REEBOK

Pantone, those are pretty close, but I think the retro green that they use now is a bit darker than the one you have.

joseph_kerry_pass_reuters_400.jpg

Who's Pantone?

^_^

One always needs to keep in mind that fabric colors and print colors don't always match. The color swatches I display in my Team Colors section reflect print colors only.

Pantone, those are pretty close, but I think the retro green that they use now is a bit darker than the one you have.

joseph_kerry_pass_reuters_400.jpg

One other thing: the print color for the older Riders' Green is the same as the current Boston Celtics' Green. The textile (fabric) color the Celtics use looks close:

BostonCelticsGreen_TEX_SRGB.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, I'm probably good.

Archived