Arena Rafters & Banners

I didn't take pictures, but all of the Nets banners at Barclays Center are now in black and white instead of era-appropriate colors. And they took down the individual division and conference championship banners and gave them the same treatment they gave the Islanders: all division championships listed on one banner, and all conference championships on another. 

I work for a Jr B level hockey team (Two levels below the Canadian Hockey League),  the London Nationals in the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League. We recently won our conference title and added some new retired number banners. 

We have many more championships won since 1950, just no banners made up.

LEFT TO RIGHT: Western Ontario Hockey League Champions 2012, Sutherland Cup Champions 2012-2013, Western Ontario Hockey League Champions 2013, GOJHL Western Conference Champions 2014-2015. Tom Cardiff (16), Patrick Dobie (22), Scott Lombardi (39), all-time points king Aaron Dartch (96) and Taylor Edwards (29).

30608266630_3f197355a1_b.jpg

30275097724_c69d082fa0_b.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/5/2016 at 2:51 PM, Pizzaman7294 said:

Any thoughts on where the Cubs could put a new "banner"? 

Think theyll honestly put up another flag on the roof that no one can see?

There are already 3 retired number flags on each foul pole, so no room on one of those.  The center field score board flag space is already taken up by the standings flags.  If they don't add it to the roof flags, I could see them adding a flag pole by one of the new video boards.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, insert name said:

This has always bugged me. Why do the Knicks championship banners use different logos from the time period they won but the Rangers use the same logo for all the years? 

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

This is a bad answer, but my guess would be because the changes to the Rangers shield logo aren't THAT significant - to lay, non logo obsessed people anyway.   That maybe putting different NYR logos would look sloppy, rather than a nice nod to the time period.  Whereas the Knicks logos are different enough that it successfully shows the evolution of the logo and the team identity at the time.    Again, not a great answer but that makes sense to me.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

On 11/25/2016 at 9:21 AM, ltjets21 said:

Did the Clippers ever hang their division championship banner?

They put them up in their practice facility.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2014%2F1028%2Fnba_bannt

19 minutes ago, BShaw20 said:

Who "owns" the Taylor Swift banner? Lakers, Clippers, or Kings?

AEG owns Staples Center. AEG owns the Kings. The Kings get the Taylor Swift banner.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

After years of wondering why some of the Celtics banners have a solid green circle with NBA on it in white, and others have a green NBA on white in between the top and bottom of a green circle, the answer is found in the making of the 2008 title banner (3 minutes long)

https://www.newenglandflagandbanner.com/videos.php?page=making-the-celtics-championship-banner

For those wishing to skip watching, a full green circle means they won the title on the road, the white circle with the green top/bottom means they won it at the Garden. 

I lost the pic, but the Celts did hang division banners in green with white printing at one time, in the old building. 

• Like 3
sig-1.png

Not sure if covered but FWIW:

Nets came to Brooklyn changing all their banners to black / white. Then because of such a negative reaction from the NJ fans they changed it back to the original RWB. Now this season it's changed back to black / white. So, there's that. 

I just find it bizarre to keep flip flopping between them. But we ARE the Nets so nothing should surprise me...

And yes, the RWB is superior. Should've kept it that way as a nod to the past. Has any other teams flip flopped between banners or is this a Nets thing only?