Arena Rafters & Banners

wake me when the caps have a banner for Al Iafrate. Man, I heart'd that guy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A visit to the Mellon Arena answered my previous question. The banners are now arranged as such:

PensBanners09.png

(Yes I did re-create them in paint. Took me about 3 hours at the beginning of last season. Then I just made new ones for this year in about 5 minutes.)

oBIgzrL.png

A visit to the Mellon Arena answered my previous question. The banners are now arranged as such:

PensBanners09.png

(Yes I did re-create them in paint. Took me about 3 hours at the beginning of last season. Then I just made new ones for this year in about 5 minutes.)

Would you be able to make Islanders banners like this????

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

then you would hate these new banners hanging from Verizon Center.

20091003_0657_resized-thumb-800x533-23809.jpg

20091003_0658_resized.JPG

Beat you to it on the previous page (although they are shots from me :P)

It's weird seeing the recolored banners having fresh creases in them, especially when the feats were accomplished ten to twenty years ago.

It's weird seeing the recolored banners having fresh creases in them, especially when the feats were accomplished ten to twenty years ago.

oops, shoulda read the last page hehe.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

oops, shoulda read the last page hehe.

This may be a bit off topic, but I LOVE that D.C. Lottery Logo. It screams 1970s, which I love. Looks like something I'd find on one of my other favorite sites, So Much Pileup, a 1970s design site: http://somuchpileup.blogspot.com/

I completely agree! Any thoughts on where the old banners go when they're taken down?

The Oilers replaced all their old banners with new ones 5 years ago (don't worry, they didn't change them, they're just made of a material that doesn't break down and lose its colour over time), and they auctioned off all the old ones for charity.

I completely agree! Any thoughts on where the old banners go when they're taken down?

The Oilers replaced all their old banners with new ones 5 years ago (don't worry, they didn't change them, they're just made of a material that doesn't break down and lose its colour over time), and they auctioned off all the old ones for charity.

That's too bad the team didn't hold onto them and just placed them in their training facility or something like that. In my opinion, the original banners are just as important as any championship trophy itself.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

That's too bad the team didn't hold onto them and just placed them in their training facility or something like that. In my opinion, the original banners are just as important as any championship trophy itself.

The Islanders replaced the Retired numbers banners, but the Stanley Cup banners are originals. I believe they gave the retired number banners to the players.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

• 2 months later...

Question about MSG:

I was there for the first time yesterday, but I was in the Theater part of it. I was really just in for the show and then out, so I didn't really get to see much of the arena.

Is the Theater above the sports arena part of it? It seemed like it was, but I couldn't tell for sure if it was literally like a second floor, or if it was something that was just on the side.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."