Arena Rafters & Banners

Here are some Bucks, Marquette and Admirals banners from the Bradley Center. The Bucks divisional Banners surround the scoreboard, and the World Champions banner is at the south end. Marquette and Admirals banners are in opposite corners of the arena. Sorry for the quality I snapped them from my phone:

Bucks Championship and Retired Numbers

IMG_0556.jpg

Bucks Divisional Championships

IMG_0552.jpg

Marquette Retired Numbers (you can also barely see the 1977 NCAA Championship Banner to the left of Al McGuire)

IMG_0553.jpg

Marquette non-NCAA Championship Banners

IMG_0554.jpg

Admirals Banners:

IMG_0557.jpg

I like the way both Marquette and the Bucks handled the retired numbers. I also appreciate that Marquette hasn't replaced the banners that say Marquette Warriors.

Cameron Indoor Stadium

I was at the Duke-Florida State game and didnt have time to walk around to get good pictures, so i took these from my seat. Just thought I would contribute.

National Championship Banners located at the north end of the stadium

DSCF2635.jpg

Numbers, Final 4 Banners and ACC Title Banners on south side of scoreboard

DSCF2627.jpg

Numbers, Final 4 Banners and ACC Title Banners on north side of scoreboard

DSCF2628.jpg

And Dickie V in the rafters press box!

DSCF2633.jpg

BwZsPH2.jpg

That pic makes it look really small, though I know it's a >20,000 seat arena.

It's not just the picture. It really does seem that small, and yes it does still somehow seat 18,200 officially for hockey.

Also, there is this http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2010/01/where_is_the_original_1994_sta.html which details what happened to the original 1994 Stanley Cup Champions banner...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I did like celebrating only the highest Championship.

However if you are going to do division and conference as well,

then I'd like to see them grouped together and in different colors.

Like the Islanders.

Other notes:

Team logos and colors on banners should be that of the year the banner was earned.

Regular Season Conference Champions is not a championship and no banner should be made for that.

Baseball's wild card is not a championship. It is second place in your division. No banner for that.

No banner should be made for winning a baseball playoff series.

I like the Penguins redone banners.

I dislike the Capitals redone banners.

The Dallas Stars Cup banner has to be the worst there is.

I may be biased, but the old Boston Garden had the best rafters in sports.

Also at one time, the Celtice did have green conference championship banners.

Not sure what year they were removed.

The new Garden roof is round and smaller, so the Bruins no longer

have individual Adams Division banners.

They have one big shield for listing the years for those titles,

a shield for conference championship years

and a shield for President's trophy years.

sig-1.png

I did like celebrating only the highest Championship.

However if you are going to do division and conference as well,

then I'd like to see them grouped together and in different colors.

Like the Islanders.

Other notes:

Team logos and colors on banners should be that of the year the banner was earned.

Regular Season Conference Champions is not a championship and no banner should be made for that.

Baseball's wild card is not a championship. It is second place in your division. No banner for that.

No banner should be made for winning a baseball playoff series.

I like the Penguins redone banners.

I dislike the Capitals redone banners.

The Dallas Stars Cup banner has to be the worst there is.

I may be biased, but the old Boston Garden had the best rafters in sports.

Also at one time, the Celtice did have green conference championship banners.

Not sure what year they were removed.

The new Garden roof is round and smaller, so the Bruins no longer

have individual Adams Division banners.

They have one big shield for listing the years for those titles,

a shield for conference championship years

and a shield for President's trophy years.

New Capitals Banners all suck

And this is what ALL teams should do with the shield. List all the Championships there and, much like you said, exclude the useless or un-needed ones.

Here are some Bucks, Marquette and Admirals banners from the Bradley Center. The Bucks divisional Banners surround the scoreboard, and the World Champions banner is at the south end. Marquette and Admirals banners are in opposite corners of the arena. Sorry for the quality I snapped them from my phone:

Bucks Championship and Retired Numbers

IMG_0556.jpg

I don?t know why but I think it?s so cool that the Bucks have a Championship banner hanging in the Bradley Center!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

That '71 Bucks team was a pretty big deal. Oscar and Kareem, two of the ten best players ever. Compare that to those forgettable Bullets, Warriors, and Supersonics teams that won titles in the '70s.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That '71 Bucks team was a pretty big deal. Oscar and Kareem, two of the ten best players ever. Compare that to those forgettable Bullets, Warriors, and Supersonics teams that won titles in the '70s.

Yes again, everyone knows the pairing of the Big O and Lew Alcindor was a big deal but despite what you think, it?s never brought up, it?s lost in the pages of time. So again, it?s cool to see a banner with nice big bold lettering, reminding everyone that comes to town, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, and the Bucks were legit at one time! :D

Way back in 2008, this thread inspired me to make replicas of the banners from HSBC Arena. I recently found the flash drive I saved them on and touched them up a bit. They aren't perfect, but they're about as close as I could get. I still don't have the Knox Brothers or the Bandits, maybe I'll get around to them someday.

RetiredSabres.png

SabresBanners.png

My god the slug looks horrible on those banners.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yes again, everyone knows the pairing of the Big O and Lew Alcindor was a big deal but despite what you think, it?s never brought up, it?s lost in the pages of time. So again, it?s cool to a nice banner big bold letters reminding everyone that comes to town, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, and the Bucks were legit at one time! :D

It's actually a little depressing to go in there and realize that through the early '80s the Bucks were a dominate team in the NBA, but could never get over that hump to get back to the championship and now are cellar dwellers. They won the Midwest Division title every year between 1980-86 and made it to the Conference finals 3 times in that frame. Between the time that the Bucks were born ('68-'69) and Kohl bought the team ('85-'86) the Bucks missed the playoffs only 4 times, won 2 Conference and 1 NBA title. Since Sen. Kohl bought the team they have missed the playoffs 12 times. It's still shocking to me that the franchise as a whole is still 100 games over .500, despite their awfulness of late.

Back on topic, I really like how the Bucks and Marquette handled their retired numbers. The Bucks with an image of the uniform worn, and Marquette with a picture, coloring and lettering of the uniform worn.

Yes again, everyone knows the pairing of the Big O and Lew Alcindor was a big deal but despite what you think, it?s never brought up, it?s lost in the pages of time. So again, it?s cool to a nice banner big bold letters reminding everyone that comes to town, IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, and the Bucks were legit at one time! :D

It's actually a little depressing to go in there and realize that through the early '80s the Bucks were a dominate team in the NBA, but could never get over that hump to get back to the championship and now are cellar dwellers. They won the Midwest Division title every year between 1980-86 and made it to the Conference finals 3 times in that frame. Between the time that the Bucks were born ('68-'69) and Kohl bought the team ('85-'86) the Bucks missed the playoffs only 4 times, won 2 Conference and 1 NBA title. Since Sen. Kohl bought the team they have missed the playoffs 12 times. It's still shocking to me that the franchise as a whole is still 100 games over .500, despite their awfulness of late.

Back on topic, I really like how the Bucks and Marquette handled their retired numbers. The Bucks with an image of the uniform worn, and Marquette with a picture, coloring and lettering of the uniform worn.

Precisely my point, the Bucks franchise has slipped into the deep sea, and when a team like who?s won a championship, and doesn't come up for air every 5-10 years, that championship memory seems to dwindle away! It's sad, but it's reality.

I have been meaning to post a pic for a while now, but here's one of University of Phoenix Stadium...they've been hanging banners for the Cardinals the last two seasons:

X045.jpg

Those empty seats below the banners are part of the temporary seating for large events - I think this particular game was right before the Fiesta Bowl. The Cardinals weren't allowed to sell tickets for those seats.

The Sabres continue to bastardize the Bandits existence in HSBC Arena by FINALLY having a banner for the retired #43 on a microscopic, unironed bed sheet. Sorry, no picture. Didn't have a strong enough lens.

MLSE does this to the Rock as well.

We have HUGE banners for the "honoured" numbers with a life size picture of the player, yet in one corner.....there's the 1 banner with the Rock's champion's cup wins.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)