Arena Rafters & Banners

How goddam hard would it be to get the font right? It's not even close!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At the Emirates Stadium in North London, Arsenal FC don't use banners but have all their honors printed between the lower and upper bowls with the competition they won and the year.

I was wondering if anyone has designed championship winner banners using Inkscape. Love to do some for my club Arsenal...

Arsenal_Emirates_Stadium_London_34_xlarg

76ers are retiring Allen Iverson's #3 tonight. It'll be interesting to see which logo they use on the banner. He started and ended with the current logo, but is known more for what he did while wearing the black and gold one.

They used the black and gold when they retired Charles Barkley's number (even though he never wore it) but then changed it to the old logo a couple of years ago. I'm betting they use the old / current logo for Iverson, though it wouldn't shock me if they used the black and gold.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Sixers better use the black and gold for the banner. I understand he came back for that one year and wore the current look but the black and gold is his era.

yeah, that would've been more appropriate, but at least Iverson did wear the "classic" colors (though like you said, for inky a short time). And seeing as how he's probably the only player from the black and gold era wholl get his number retired, I'm actually ok with them using the red and blue to keep all their banners matching.

I am an individual who likes it when a team uses the same color scheme and template for all their banners throughout their history. So I think Philadelphia did the right thing here. Though I still don't know what Anahiem is doing with their banners and trying to remove their Disney-esc original colored banners. That is part of their history...

The Sixers better use the black and gold for the banner. I understand he came back for that one year and wore the current look but the black and gold is his era.

yeah, that would've been more appropriate, but at least Iverson did wear the "classic" colors (though like you said, for inky a short time). And seeing as how he's probably the only player from the black and gold era wholl get his number retired, I'm actually ok with them using the red and blue to keep all their banners matching.

He also wore the classic colors his rookie season when he had his most famous personal moment (breaking MJ's ankles). I'm fine with his permanent banner being red & blue, but the temporary patch probably could've been in black and gold.

iverson2.jpg

He also wore the classic colors his rookie season when he had his most famous personal moment (breaking MJ's ankles). I'm fine with his permanent banner being red & blue, but the temporary patch probably could've been in black and gold.

iverson2.jpg

This was easily his most memorable personal moment:

Iverson1.jpg

If you ask anyone in Philadelphia who followed the Sixers back then what (on court, anyway) comes to mind first when they hear the name Allen Iverson, I guarantee it's him stepping over Tyron Lue.

Zydrunas ilgauskas jersey retirement, they gave him a framed jersey of the navy blue alternate jersey, banner that went up was the white home version.

And Mike Modano´s jersey retirement luckly included the logo he wore , not the new :censored:ty one.......color was the new bright green however .......:censored:

The Boston Bruins used to clog the rafters of the old Boston Garden with Adams Division and Wales Conference Championship banners (they were envious of all the banners the Celtics had). Now, only the Stanley Cups get their own banner and everything else is consolidated.

2501445948_dabb0b20fe_z.jpg

In 2011, they re-did the Stanley Cup banners with period correct logos.

bruins-revamped-banners.jpg

I noticed the Blackhawks started consolidating division banners after making room for the fifth Cup banner.

They tacked on years below two existing division banners.

The only similar treatment in the United Center is the 72 that hangs from the Bulls' 1995-96 division banner.