Arena Rafters & Banners

You find very few retirement or championship banners in stadiums don't have s common concept between them with subtle changes like era logos. Yes I know Boston TD Gardens are pretty close to the same but very few others. I dont know why teams need to keep changing from a proven formula. Just looks shotty and rushed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe that silly hill and pole are still around in 2014. I figured they'd've seen the light by now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Its safe to say we're a bit desensitized to advertisements in Houston. The previous ownership could never pass an opportunity to make a buck. There is a freaking Conoco gas pump in left field tracking the total number of hr in park history. Or there's the Landry's Crawford Box to the left of the pump.

I feel like that whole side of Minute Maid Park should have been razed and rebuilt or something by now. Even with these new ads for "community leaders" -- which is just darling, by the way -- that whole panorama of crap will forever remind me of 2004-2005. Whither Eric Bruntlett and Morgan Ensberg? Whither?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Miami Heat continue their proud tradition of superfluous banners with the addition of a HOF notation on Zo's retired jersey.

B2SLhhzCEAA8UVF.jpg

Wow. Do they really put up banners for players on the team who won gold medals in the Olympics? That just seems really dumb. They didn't win them for the Heat... they won them for the pride of their nation. Jeez. I'd like to see an NHL team try and do that :rolleyes:

Here's a serious question though: who would get the raise Shaq's number up in their rafters? Or has that happened already? I really don't follow the NBA.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Olympics, division championships, athletic trainer, Michael Jordan, Dan Marino. Wish they'd take those down.

Shaq had his number retired with the Lakers. He left the Heat on poor terms and they've issued #32 at least twice after then. You'd think if the Magic we're going to do it, they'd have done it by now. Then again, the 20th anniversary of their Finals run is this year. So maybe?

PJU85JF.png

The Miami Heat continue their proud tradition of superfluous banners with the addition of a HOF notation on Zo's retired jersey.

B2SLhhzCEAA8UVF.jpg

Wow. Do they really put up banners for players on the team who won gold medals in the Olympics? That just seems really dumb. They didn't win them for the Heat... they won them for the pride of their nation. Jeez. I'd like to see an NHL team try and do that :rolleyes:

Here's a serious question though: who would get the raise Shaq's number up in their rafters? Or has that happened already? I really don't follow the NBA.

you are talking about the same team that did this...

aaa-rafters-michael-jordan-number-retire

• Like 1

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

I don't really have a problem with the Olympic banners. It's a sport of individuals, and at the time of the Olympics, those were Miami's individuals.

I guess I see your point.

I gotta say as well. Have never seen a trainer get memorialized in any way by a team. Owners, GM's, broadcasters, or players yes, but what's the story on him?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

He's still alive. He worked in the NBA for like 40 years or something. It was a recognition of longevity more than anything.

The Heat just really like banners. It's a wonder there's nothing in the rafters for LeBron's MVPs, the win streak, Zo's DPOY, or Wade's scoring title. Things like that would make more sense had this franchise never won championships.

PJU85JF.png