260f0sn.jpg

During the '07 raising:

stanleycupchampions0708.jpg

Banners_800.jpg

Banner Position at the beginning of the season:

DSC00681.jpg

Banner position 2/3 through the season:

DSC00797.jpg

Scott Niedermayer and a couple of the other players thought the Cup banner should be the centerpiece

And as soon as #8 Teemu Selanne retires, he'll be immortalized in the rafters of The Pond as well

Also if you were wondering, last year GM Brian Burke wanted to shed any trace of Disney in the building or the organization that wasn't needed. So, the "Mighty Decade" banner was taken down. It was donated to the Newport Sports Museum where it now hangs on a big wall.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I love the Ducks banners (a little biased) but I always felt that the Stanley Cup banner should be black instead of orange, and that the Mighty Decade banner should have stayed.

The Twins retired numbers are those supposed to be like baseball cards? If so I love the concept, and also do any other teams do something similar?

sig.jpg

Went to the Pirates game tonight. Saw that this past offseason they added World Series banner signs under windows on the front of the pressbox behind home plate. Similar to those in the outfield in Atlanta.

Also, I forgot to mention earlier that, like since the park opened, the pirates' retired numbers are on signs on the front of the upper deck behind home plate.

oBIgzrL.png

Xcel Energy Center just has these two banners so far, both at the east end of the building.

xec04dn5.jpgxec05ru7.jpg

AFAIK the Wild have not said when/if they will put up a banner for their Northwest Division title in 2007-08. Considering how far that got them in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised, or terribly disappointed, if they decided to pass on it.

CCSLC signature.png

hockee039.jpg

Sabres Accomplishments, now updated with 07 accomplishments.

They actually took down the two most recent banners and made them match the old and new ones.

This was taken prior to the "raising" of the 2007 banners:

100_2704.jpg

This is them unveiling the new ones:

100_2714.jpg

This is a full shot of that end of the Arena (with Bandits banners included)

Montreal007.jpg

Here are some pics i found of banners back in the Astrodome before the oilers moved.

Dome20wide2alt.jpg

114369_51.jpg

and here is a pic i found looking on google from 1999 which was the Astros final season in the dome. You can see the retired jerseys and part of the 1997 and 1998 central division champions banners

zack_astrodome.jpg

banners2.jpg

In 10 years #9 and #56 will be added.

I see you're still rocking the banner sig. :)

I have two issues with the Stars' banners.

1) Western Conference Champions Regular Season isn't a recognized award/trophy. it's an accomplishment for sure but it should not be up there. In two of the three cases, they also won the Presidents so it's a given. It seems like extra fabric for no good reason. Pull those three banners and hoist the 5 North Stars banners up there. Those 2 Campbell and 3 Norris are well deserved and should be displayed. Broten, Goldy, Modano and others helped earn them - they're in your history.

2) The retired numbers kind of get the shaft. Now I realize they inherited 2 from Minnesota and were not obligated to hoist them and the the third accomplished more in Minnesota and as a Devil than as a Dallas Star. For honoring those players I am grateful. However, sticking them all on one banner seems cheesy. Now with Modano and Zubov coming up I hope they separate them out. Give each their own banner, make the banners either generic enough and uniform (perhaps match the white conference banners) or go all the way and have them represent the various eras of the players.

However, sticking them all on one banner seems cheesy.

I dunno, first thing I thought was that they were going the Celtics route, and that's never really seemed cheesy.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

banners2.jpg

In 10 years #9 and #56 will be added.

I see you're still rocking the banner sig. :)

I have two issues with the Stars' banners.

1) Western Conference Champions Regular Season isn't a recognized award/trophy. it's an accomplishment for sure but it should not be up there. In two of the three cases, they also won the Presidents so it's a given. It seems like extra fabric for no good reason. Pull those three banners and hoist the 5 North Stars banners up there. Those 2 Campbell and 3 Norris are well deserved and should be displayed. Broten, Goldy, Modano and others helped earn them - they're in your history.

2) The retired numbers kind of get the shaft. Now I realize they inherited 2 from Minnesota and were not obligated to hoist them and the the third accomplished more in Minnesota and as a Devil than as a Dallas Star. For honoring those players I am grateful. However, sticking them all on one banner seems cheesy. Now with Modano and Zubov coming up I hope they separate them out. Give each their own banner, make the banners either generic enough and uniform (perhaps match the white conference banners) or go all the way and have them represent the various eras of the players.

Hope they give each player a banner as well, it would look very cool.

And yes I love my banner sig. Hopefully there will be a another Campbell Bowl Champions added to it within the next few weeks.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

My sig is how the Devils used to be displayed at the Meadowlands. (However, the Patrick Division banner is black instead of green, a wrong i felt compelled to right in my sig.)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png