Arena Rafters & Banners

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

I could sort of understand this if Garth Brooks were from Edmonton, but even that would be dumb. This is ridiculous. Especially considering he has not even played 9 shows at that venue.

The Billy Joel and Springsteen ones at Wells Fargo are reasonable,even though Joel is from New York and the Boss is from New Jersey.

• Like 1

2v1ao9y.jpg

TRhBP9N.png

YO2Xb6F.png

cubsfansig.jpg

On 2017-02-25 at 5:05 PM, Chromatic said:

I could sort of understand this if Garth Brooks were from Edmonton, but even that would be dumb. This is ridiculous. Especially considering he has not even played 9 shows at that venue.

This is exactly what the banner is for. Brooks played nine shows at Rogers Place from February 17 to 25.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/02/15/garth-brooks-nine-show-edmonton-run-a-logistical-challenge-for-rogers-place

On 12/3/2016 at 1:59 PM, liverwing said:

The Wings and Pistons will be sharing banner space at the new arena in Detroit next season. 

Here's a shot of the current banners at the Joe and a render from the new arena:

joebanners.jpg

detpirw.jpg

If that is true for the Red Wings, I have an idea.

Get rid of the Regular Season Conference and Presidents' Trophy Banners and then you may not have such a mess.  I have thought those banners were pointless for teams to have to begin with.  I would equate that to those God awful Mystics "Attendance Champions" banners

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2017 at 11:23 PM, MBurmy said:

^I think so...but with both of them as iconic to Brooklyn culture as they are, can you blame them?

A better look at the Biggie banner:

17267986_1839202979651253_74869422110581

And still miles ahead of this...

screen-shot-2015-06-11-at-4-08-03-pm.png

• Like 4
On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?