Arena Rafters & Banners

On 11/10/2019 at 10:47 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

That empty pennant above the scoreboard is silly.  Just put a W in there or something.  It's weird that they're honoring the championships won by the other teams in such a prominent place.  I'd go with the NL and WS flag there, move the old ones to another place in the stadium (like a 'museum' or something).

Did they put up a blank pennant to signify the one they hadn't won yet but were intending to?

As for the Senators' championships, they have the right to put them up there, it's fine, as long as they denote that they were won by the Senators and not the 2005-present Nationals.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

13 hours ago, the admiral said:

Did they put up a blank pennant to signify the one they hadn't won yet but were intending to?

As for the Senators' championships, they have the right to put them up there, it's fine, as long as they denote that they were won by the Senators and not the 2005-present Nationals.

Who knows why they left the pennant blank, but yes I remember watching Nats games a while back where they explained how it was a blank placeholder pennant or something like that for when the team wins its first pennant. There’s no denying this is dumb. Nats used to do all sorts of off the field fave Palm decisions: This was the same team that couldn’t consistently get the analog scoreboard clock working. Rather than fix it, they took the hands off so now there’s a random curly W within a circle with 12 unexplained stars surrounding it.  

And I agree with your Senators point, but I believe they just say 1924 WS Champs. No indication that it’s a different franchise. Maybe they’ll overhaul all these now that the Nats have actually won something, we’ll see 

90758391980.gif

• 1 month later...

The Calgary Roughnecks raised their 2019 championship banner on Saturday. (There hasn't been an "official" picture of all three banners together, so this is just one I found on Twitter).

6ohsjya354641.jpg

It's an improvement over the first two because it doesn't look like the logo was cut out by a toddler with safety scissors.

Also interesting to note after looking up the seasons, the 2003-04 and the 2018-19 banners have those dates because both those seasons started in late December so the seasons took place over both sets of years, while the 2009 season started in early January and only took place within 2009. 

IbjBaeE.png

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 12:15 AM, kw11333 said:

Did the LA Rams have any banner from their SB win? I know they did in STL, just have no idea if they kept it

I can tell you that they aren’t still in St. Louis

https://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/26031/rams-banners-removed-from-edward-jones-dome

Since the Rams have been playing at the Coliseum, I could see them not having banners up with the stadium belonging to USC and not intended to be long-term home of the Rams. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kw11333 said:

4032d13fp7g41.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

It's about time and they look great. Now, let's correct the font and they're perfect. The Canucks have always used the traditional and timeless Athletic block font before the Aquilini ownership took over. The current Agency font is one of the worst fonts in sports.

• 3 weeks later...

The Calgary Hitmen raised a banner for former GM/Coach/Executive (and current Vegas Pro Scout) Kelly Kisio with his introduction into the Forever a Hitmen program over the weekend.

20200301_CGY_vs_LET_HIT0117CW-1024x683.j

They don't have a picture of just the banner anywhere. The thing he's holding in the banner picture is the WHL championship trophy.

IbjBaeE.png

• 4 months later...
On 7/27/2020 at 3:37 PM, cajunaggie08 said:

The astros added a 2019 American League Champions banner above their 2005 National League Champions banner. This is the only ballpark where you will see banners for both league championships.

Image for post

Until Milwaukee wins another pennant.