Arena Rafters & Banners

Turner Field

09-26-06_1443.jpg

These little flags represent everything that was done in Atlanta (though they do acknowledge accomplishments in Boston & Milwaukee on the outfield walls and various other places. In fact, the Braves this year are marketing that they are the Longest Continuously Ran Professional Sports Franchise in North America)

Yellow pennant, blue numbers = divisional title (1969, 1982, 1993, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005)

Yellow pennant, red numbers = NL Champions (1991, 1992, 1996,)

Red pennant = World Champions (1995 :D)

I'll find a picture of Philips and the Georgia Dome sometime later (though there really isn't much to see. :()

Wouldn't the Reds have that honor? Or at least any of the class of 1883 (unless the Braves were in that, and I just didn't do my research.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

IIRC, the Boston Red Stockings split off from the Cincinnati Red Stockings, and the Boston Red Stockings, eventually, became the Atlanta Braves. So if anything, they share the honor. Though I really don't know for sure.

IIRC, the Boston Red Stockings split off from the Cincinnati Red Stockings, and the Boston Red Stockings, eventually, became the Atlanta Braves. So if anything, they share the honor. Though I really don't know for sure.

I believe the Cincinnati team disbanded for a year and the key members went to Boston to start the now Atlanta Braves. The Reds are the oldest team, but the Braves are the longest continuously run team.

Olympiques_honourees.jpg

Hanging at the Centre Robert Guertin in Gatineau (Hull) for my boys the gatineau olympiques of the qmjhl. i have a personal photo of the championship banners.. of course it will be out of date seeing as we just won the presidents cup.. and hopefully the memorial cup too.. :) not too mention the #28 of Claude Giroux that will be up there in the near future....

sig.png

Olympiques_honourees.jpg

Hanging at the Centre Robert Guertin in Gatineau (Hull) for my boys the gatineau olympiques of the qmjhl. i have a personal photo of the championship banners.. of course it will be out of date seeing as we just won the presidents cup.. and hopefully the memorial cup too.. :) not too mention the #28 of Claude Giroux that will be up there in the near future....

Dude, Giroux has a MONSTER beard going.

He went from this: 17160.JPG

to this: giroux_withgoofydude.jpg

I can't wait to see him in the orange and black.

Can't find any decent up-close pics, but at Citizens Bank Park, the division, league and championship banners are the smaller flags in left-center and center, and the retired numbers (1, 14, 20, 32, 36, 42) are painted onto the brick walls...

Large pic

66324594.w6DKlVnc.1993.jpg

EatSleepJeep said:
Korbyn said:

In 10 years #9 and #56 will be added.

I see you're still rocking the banner sig. :)

I have two issues with the Stars' banners.

1) Western Conference Champions Regular Season isn't a recognized award/trophy. it's an accomplishment for sure but it should not be up there. In two of the three cases, they also won the Presidents so it's a given. It seems like extra fabric for no good reason. Pull those three banners and hoist the 5 North Stars banners up there. Those 2 Campbell and 3 Norris are well deserved and should be displayed. Broten, Goldy, Modano and others helped earn them - they're in your history.

2) The retired numbers kind of get the shaft. Now I realize they inherited 2 from Minnesota and were not obligated to hoist them and the the third accomplished more in Minnesota and as a Devil than as a Dallas Star. For honoring those players I am grateful. However, sticking them all on one banner seems cheesy. Now with Modano and Zubov coming up I hope they separate them out. Give each their own banner, make the banners either generic enough and uniform (perhaps match the white conference banners) or go all the way and have them represent the various eras of the players.

As much as I would love the last remnants of the North Stars, those three players, to have their own banner and for two of them to have green-era banners (Broten would get black), I don't think Dallas will be acknowledging the North Stars with that kind of tribute.

Truthfully, I am just very appreciated that they continued to honor #s 8 and 19 as retired. I was also appreciative that they retired Broten's number, primarily on the things he did in Minnesota. I'll be content if they just keep them hanging in the rafters. Actually, I wish Minnesota had retired Cicerelli's number, but he was still playing when the team left. I would not think Dallas would do so since he never played there. I wonder...is Dino's number retired anywhere? He's one of the leading goal scorers ever.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

banners2.jpg

In 10 years #9 and #56 will be added.

I see you're still rocking the banner sig. :)

I have two issues with the Stars' banners.

1) Western Conference Champions Regular Season isn't a recognized award/trophy. it's an accomplishment for sure but it should not be up there. In two of the three cases, they also won the Presidents so it's a given. It seems like extra fabric for no good reason. Pull those three banners and hoist the 5 North Stars banners up there. Those 2 Campbell and 3 Norris are well deserved and should be displayed. Broten, Goldy, Modano and others helped earn them - they're in your history.

2) The retired numbers kind of get the shaft. Now I realize they inherited 2 from Minnesota and were not obligated to hoist them and the the third accomplished more in Minnesota and as a Devil than as a Dallas Star. For honoring those players I am grateful. However, sticking them all on one banner seems cheesy. Now with Modano and Zubov coming up I hope they separate them out. Give each their own banner, make the banners either generic enough and uniform (perhaps match the white conference banners) or go all the way and have them represent the various eras of the players.

As much as I would love the last remnants of the North Stars, those three players, to have their own banner and for two of them to have green-era banners (Broten would get black), I don't think Dallas will be acknowledging the North Stars with that kind of tribute.

Truthfully, I am just very appreciated that they continued to honor #s 8 and 19 as retired. I was also appreciative that they retired Broten's number, primarily on the things he did in Minnesota. I'll be content if they just keep them hanging in the rafters. Actually, I wish Minnesota had retired Cicerelli's number, but he was still playing when the team left. I would not think Dallas would do so since he never played there. I wonder...is Dino's number retired anywhere? He's one of the leading goal scorers ever.

about honoring the north stars players with individual banners... it's not a slight to the north stars players at all, since that's how the dallas stars do it.

it's been discussed that even when modano and zubov retire, they both get their own banner for 1 season. then that banner is taken down, and given to that player... the number is then added to the celtics-style banner.

that's how they did it for brots, too. he used to have his own #7 banner... but then it was taken down and given to him when they moved to AAC.