Arena Rafters & Banners

Don't the Clippers have at least some retired numbers? Mind you, other than McAdoo (and maybe DiGregorio and Randy Smith), I can't think of anyone that's really contributed that much to the Clippers franchise...

Don't the Clippers have at least some retired numbers? Mind you, other than McAdoo (and maybe DiGregorio and Randy Smith), I can't think of anyone that's really contributed that much to the Clippers franchise...
Los Angeles Clippers

* None

Here's the retired number that makes the least sense to me:

Miami Heat

* 23 - Michael Jordan, G, Contributions

I'm really curious to see what the Penguins do for their banners from this year, since as far as I know this is the first time they've won more than one without winning all three, and they've done that cool triple-banner "cha mpi ons" thing in the past.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm really curious to see what the Penguins do for their banners from this year, since as far as I know this is the first time they've won more than one without winning all three, and they've done that cool triple-banner "cha mpi ons" thing in the past.

I think they will look something like this, which is basically just like their old ones, only with different colors and conference/division names:

champz.png

Maybe the real conference champions one will be hung slightly higher than the others in the non-cup group.

oBIgzrL.png

I think they will look something like this, which is basically just like their old ones, only with different colors and conference/division names:

champz.png

Maybe the real conference champions one will be hung slightly higher than the others in the non-cup group.

But since theres no divisional playoffs, there's no need for a Regular Season designation. You don't think they'd just split Champions across two banners?

Also, I never thought about the color differences between the banners. These will look pretty odd next to the ones with the bright gold.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

champz.png

But since theres no divisional playoffs, there's no need for a Regular Season designation. You don't think they'd just split Champions across two banners?

Also, I never thought about the color differences between the banners. These will look pretty odd next to the ones with the bright gold.

Well, the others say regular season, so they might keep it just so it matches. Thats why I dont think they'd put champions across both (which I originally thought they would until I took a closer look at the real ones)

oBIgzrL.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw the picture of the Mets retired numbers was one from before they added 'Shea' to the wall so here is a picture from this season.

2580439093_d42fc24703.jpg

Going back to the discussion regarding teams using proper fonts, logos, and colors from a particular era notice that the retired numbers now have a black drop shadow. Obviously Casey Stengel, Gil Hodges and Tom Seaver never wore jerseys with this drop shadow. I really have no idea why they decided to do this but I think it's ridiculous and hope it is corrected at Citi Field.

mets.png

med_gallery_175937_77_129317.jpg

OK, so the Falcons banners' are for:

1980 NFC West Champs

1998 NFC West Champs

1998 NFC Champs

2004 NFC South Champs

and then the Ring of Honor, for:

#60 Tommy Nobis

#57 Jeff Van Note

#10 Steve Bartkowski

#31 William Andrews

#58 Jessie Tuggle

1980 NFC West Champs

1998 NFC West Champs

1998 NFC Champs

2004 NFC South Champs

#60 Tommy Nobis

#57 Jeff Van Note

#10 Steve Bartkowski

#31 William Andrews

#58 Jessie Tuggle

They forgot

#12 Visiting Teams Fans

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

• 4 weeks later...

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=385671

"The Penguins will introduce two new banners celebrating their 2007-08 Eastern Conference and Atlantic Division championships, as well as three others commemorating the team?s history of individual achievement.

Two new banners will list the Penguins? 12 NHL scoring champions, and another will list their five NHL MVP award-winners.

In an effort to standardize the expanding banner collection, the Penguins also have created new banners for each of the team?s previous championships ? Stanley Cup, Presidents Trophy, conference and division. They all will be on display at the home opener Saturday night."

So not only are the Pens getting the two 07-08 banners, but all new banners for the previous championships, as well as the new list banners.

Someone is going to have to take pictures Saturday night.

1980 NFC West Champs

1998 NFC West Champs

1998 NFC Champs

2004 NFC South Champs

#60 Tommy Nobis

#57 Jeff Van Note

#10 Steve Bartkowski

#31 William Andrews

#58 Jessie Tuggle

OT: The Georgia Dome looks much, much better with the new seats!