New York Yankees Alternate Logo

ARock12

So I understand perfectly well the tradition of the New York Yankees and the class their uniform and logo carries. I was playing around with some different elements of their logos and came out with a few ideas that I wanted to get some feedback from. I'm not trying to change their identity or anything I was just having a little fun with it. The logos with the classic Yankee Stadium frieze was cropped from the All Star Logo and I was just playing around with an idea to incorporate that (patch or whatever).

YankeesLogoSheet.jpg

YankeesLogoSheet2.jpg

As a lifelong Yankee hater I could care less what the Bronx Bumblers wear. But your designs are classy without being too "over the top." One thing though, the lower-case "ny" reminds me too much of the football Giants. I'm surprised no one else mentioned it. And a warning to everyone- LEAVE THE CLEVELAND BROWNS UNIFORMS ALONE!!!!! The Browns don't need no steenking revisions.

Really outstanding concepts, but I don't like the photo negative reversed bat. Keep a white bat on the black background, and you've got an alternate logo better than anything the Yankees' farm teams wear.

Instead of inverting and chopping the modified "Y", how about just modifying the capital N they already use?

I like this, but I think it would look even cooler if the letters were connected. To illustrate what you mean, I rearranged your logo a little bit. I'm not sure if I like it as much now that I have a visual (a bit loopy), but I think it makes it a little more interesting:

ny.jpg

Also, maybe I'd try it with a red outline.

I like this, but I think it would look even cooler if the letters were connected. To illustrate what you mean, I rearranged your logo a little bit. I'm not sure if I like it as much now that I have a visual (a bit loopy), but I think it makes it a little more interesting:

ny.jpg

Interesting idea, but it just doesn't work. For the reason you suggest.

• 1 year later...

Pretty cool... nice work.

However, I tend to be a uniform/logo purist. I love how classy the Yankees logos and patches always are. That being said, i do wish they had like an alternate navy blue with the "Yankees" script logo. I think it would look cool.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

However, I tend to be a uniform/logo purist. I love how classy the Yankees logos and patches always are. That being said, i do wish they had like an alternate navy blue with the "Yankees" script logo. I think it would look cool.

Trust me, if you want respect here, don't bump two year old threads.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

whoa i was just going to comment on this before i realized it was posted 100 years ago when the yankees were still the NY highlanders or hilltoppers or something like that, who knows if the creator is even paying attention to any of this feedback anymore. anyways...i cant help myself. the beginning reminds me of a math problem the way he posted it which is funny to me and i like the ny with the bat acting as the back half of the y. but why am i even typing since this thread is older than the combined ages of casey stengell + miller huggins

sorry i couldn't sleep one night, and i was looking through this forum... i made it all the way to page 120+ so, there may be a few things i bumped on accident.

Sorry =\

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Archived