Charlotte Bobcats

jake22

Before anyone asks i did use jersey creator to make these. These are simple and i think they look good. tell me what you think.

home

bobcats.png

away

bobcats3.png

alternate

bobcats2.png

C&C

Not gonna lie, simple isn't the first word I would use to describe these..

They are definably non-traditional, though I don't think that is a bad thing at all. Personally, I think it would look a bit better if the logo was brought down to below the numbers, but that's just me. Otherwise, I think that this is a very creative jersey that would sell well.

JerseySiggy.png

Signature Eternally Under Construction

Before anyone asks i did use jersey creator to make these. These are simple and i think they look good. tell me what you think.

home

bobcats.png

away

bobcats3.png

alternate

bobcats2.png

C&C

I fully and wholeheartedly disagree. You need to lose a row or two of the diamonds (after all, it's gonna be tucked in), and arch/stylize/bolden the city font. It's too plain, and the numbers dominate it. Using lowercase on the nameplate is different, but I'm not sure anyone's ready for it.

i made some changes.

i got rid of the dimond stripes at the bottom

and put "bobcats" instead of "charlotte"

this is the home

tell me what needs to change

zz.png

That's definitely an improvement. The Argyle pattern is exclusively associated with UNC so I don't think it would work for any NBA team and especially not an NBA team in Carolina. But having said that, you've still got some work to do. First, the back logo is too big. And I agree with Milo, the upper-lower case names just don't cut it. The numbers look a lot like the Cubs style and don't go with the wordmark. I think the Bobcats original number font works very well and should be continued. Have you worked on the shorts? I'd like to see what you have in mind. Keep it simple and tasteful. I like the fact you've stayed with Orange & Blue. They're distinctive colors when done right. The Knicks use too much Black. Ruins the look. Good luck.

ok so as i siad before i am using jersey creator witch only has one font and has no option for shorts. but i will try out some shorts on paint later.

so here is the new home with the smaller neck logo.

zz-1.png

and here is an away version. i think it looks a little too much like a wheetys box!

z-1.png

I think that given Michael Jordan is part owner of the team and how close Charlotte is to Chapel Hill, the argyle pattern makes sense and looks nice. I'm no fan of incorporating college parts into professional identities, but given how little the Bobcats have going for them, every little bit would help.

I love the font, I love how clean everything looks, and I loved the original Bullets-esque argyle pattern. I think the upper/lower case name on the back looks great too.

I have a feeling that, given how non-traditional the NBA went with the New Orleans all-star jerseys, there may be a movement to radically modernize new jersey looks. I could be wrong, but it seems like if any league could get away with crazy textures and patterns, it's the NBA. More like this, in my opinion, would be nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Boy am I glad I scrolled down to see the most recent version, since you've greatly improved these.

With that said, I'm not a big fan of the sleeveless look, so I'd like to see some bordering there, but that's a completely personal preference. I could definitely see an NBA team wearing these.

I'd leave a blue set out of it completely...first, because the NBA doesn't need another blue jersey. Secondly, because the color distribution, along with the general shape and flow of the white logo, just make it look like a Denver Broncos crossover.

Archived