2008 Red Wings Playoff Background

jman077

I had lost my computer for a week (well, not lost, the computer support people at my school had it), and, upon getting it returned to me, I found that my Frozen Four background had been mercifully turned into a plain blue background (which was good, because, the one I had was from just before the FF, and then I turned in my computer, and then Michigan lost), so, after kicking it with the boring blue background for far too long, I finally had the inspiration/motivation to make another one. I had known that my next one HAD to be for the Red Wings, Pistons, Tigers, or some combination of the three, and finally I came up with this:

background.png

Every time the Wings win a game, I put a picture of the game winning goal (or the ensuing celebration) behind the next number in the countdown. So, the first number without a picture behind it is the number of games we have left to win.

Once Dallas wins tomorrow (or at least, I hope that's what happens), I'll get rid of the Sharks logo obviously, and, once the East finals competitors are determined (which may be after a Pittsburgh win tomorrow) I think I'll find a way to flank the Stanley Cup logo with their logos without it looking too busy. And, then, if and when we make the Cup Finals, I think I'll just have the logo of the team we're facing.

So that's that. Thanks for looking.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Nice countin' there. ;) This needs a little work. You should put in a better font, that's just to bland and basic. Also, I think you just leave the unplayed games till they are played. However, the pictures are nicely chosen.

And by the way, the Sharks will win.

:censored:. Did i really do that? Well, good thing I put it up. Never would've noticed. Trust me, I can count. Usually.

You know, I tried it both ways, counting up and counting down (I must've made the error when moving them back to this way), and just decided it felt better this way.

I kinda know what you mean about it not looking background-y enough. I'm gonna play with it this afternoon once the Pens win. I mean, the fact is, this isn't some sort of great feat in desktop art. This is some kid trying to make a background to get him through the playoffs. So, you know, I'm not spending too much time on it. But, I'll experiment.

Oh, and, Jake..... HAHAHA!! GOOO WINGS!!! YEAH BABY!! God, that Game 4? Almost as good as that 7-0 Game 7 all those years ago.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Every time the Wings win a game, I put a picture of the game winning goal

You will have at the very most have only 3 more game winning goals.

:P

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived