Customized Jerseys

jman077

I think that they're cool, although personally I would rather have one with a player name.

Also, I'd like to note that this is the weirdest topic I've ever replied to. Someone else posted the topic, but, uh, there was no first post. So I figured I'd answer the question, although somehow I imagine it was more specific.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Not a fan of personal names, especially attempted funny ones. I don't even need to use examples - you know what I mean.

A couple years back I got a customized jersey of the royals (Road fake vest with black sleeves replica) I dont care for the jersey, not because of the look (Even tho, blue sleeves wouldve been better, Maybe ill get it tailored one day) but because it was EDDIE JAY on it with some random number.

I wouldve gotten a blank jersey, but alas it was a gift.

hm, I haven't thought to do anything but simply use my surname, possibly with an initial. call me nuts, but "Bighead" would look kinda dumb on, say, a nice Saints gold...not that I can actually afford one right now, but you get the idea. Kinda like how stupid one of my friend's custom Bills jersey looked...dude's last name was too long by one letter (the replica limit's still 10 characters, IIRC) so he had them put J DOG on it insetad. Everytime I looked at the back of that thing, I was torn between laughing and feelin sorry for dude. Dude shoulda saved up for an authentic... :censored:, a blank nameplate would be better than J DOG.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Until I become emperor of the world, I'm pretty cool with whatever people want to do. But when I do become emperor, these rules will become law, with punishments ranging from permanent exile to the home of your city's chief rival to solitary confinement with a 24-hour video feed of BBC snooker coverage:

1. Numbers, no names, on your jersey. Grown-ups should not pretend to be other grown-ups, except on Halloween.

2. Your own name, or nickname, or team-related word or phrase, if you must have a name. Not the name of an actual player, because that crosses the line into playing dress-up like a child.

3. If your team does not wear names on its jerseys, then neither shall any fan of that team wear any name on his jersey, including replicas. If this means you have to use a seam-ripper and remove the "Jeter" from the back of your replica jersey, so be it.

Rule 3 is the only one I mentally enforce against other people now. Anyone wearing a Yankees jersey with a name on the back is a hoser of the first order. Otherwise I try not to judge other people by the standards of my own taste on this point.

My corollary rule is that whatever baseball jersey you wear, you must not wear the matching hat, because the jersey/cap combo crosses the line into childish dress-up. This is a much easier rule for teams with different road and home caps, so this is where I cut Yankees fans some slack. Unless, of course, they match an authentic Yankees cap with a jersey that says "Jeter" on the back, in which case Rule 3 takes effect.

20082614447.png

The corollary rule makes no sense to me. I think they should match, otherwise it's just dumb.

Fair enough. To my taste, the jersey/cap combo crosses the line between dressing for the occasion and playing a pathetic game of dress-up, particularly when we're talking about the beer-gut frat boys and pudgy, chicken-legged middle-aged guys most likely to commit this particular faux pas. Simply substituting your team's road cap when you wear the home jersey, or using a throwback or fashion or non-fitted cap, does the trick and breaks the spell of pathetic, childish dress-up.

But like I said, these are just my personal rules, and until I'm emperor I won't hold the rest of the world to them. And even then, it will be a while before my imperial regime gets around to enforcing these rules. First we'll be getting rid of the DH, reinstituting the high strike, making pickoff attempts by the pitcher count as balls 1-3, outlawing "God Bless America," realigning MLB into three two-division leagues, and, well, let's just say the uniform rules probably will not be part of the first Five Year Plan.

20082614447.png

Also if you tuck in any jersey while wearing it. I will take a fork and stab you in the eye repeatedly untill it becomes like milk. I am especially talking to the types that have a beer gut that makes Peter Griffin from family guy look like a Stick. :cursing::cursing::cursing:

Archived