What should the new OKC NBA Team be named?

Assuming the Seattle Supersonics move to Oklahoma City (The move is pending based on their horrible lease)...

And assuming Seattle refuses to let the team use green and gold as their colors and Supersonics or Sonics as their name....

Here are my questions:

1. What do you think would be a good name for the OKC Franchise?

2. What would be the color scheme (assuming we want something that represents the area and is at least a little bit original). I guess I should change that to, What should their color scheme be.

Alright, it's up to you guys.

Have at it...

Curious to see what you guys suggest...

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Time Poster, I would have to go with the OKC Generals. Generals isn't used in any other major sports and has a Oklahoma/ Texas Western feel. Color scheme I would suggest Brown, Burnt Orange, Red. Nothing too fancy and would suggest a western feel. :cursing:

Assuming the Seattle Supersonics move to Oklahoma City (The move is pending based on their horrible lease)...

And assuming Seattle refuses to let the team use green and gold as their colors and Supersonics or Sonics as their name....

The move is pending on the resolution of litigation. They're moving. It's just a matter of when. And it's up to the current ownership whether to take the name and color scheme with them.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

i think Wranglers (or something similar) is a pretty cool name ive heard mentioned.

and for colors include a reddish brown, a yellow, and maybe black. (a spin-off of the previous Hawks colors that were unique to the nba)

if i have time, maybe i'll find some real colors to post.

It's been done, but it was such a great identity the first time around, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it around again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Similar to the Buccaneers, but representing both OU and OSU, template-wise.

Ugh. And I have no doubt that representing the college teams would be important to the owners.

However, I am strongly against professional sports teams aping the colors of the college teams surrounding their markets. It makes the pro team immediately second-best, and it makes the fans of the region look like rubes. It's okay to have unique identities without worrying about offending the delicate sensibilities of hick college sports fans.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's been done, but it was such a great identity the first time around, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it around again.

o okay...well how about these colors? i just edited the original logo, theres no way that would pass for an nba logo, i just needed somethin to place the colors on.

wranglerfs4.png

i think Wranglers (or something similar) is a pretty cool name ive heard mentioned.

and for colors include a reddish brown, a yellow, and maybe black. (a spin-off of the previous Hawks colors that were unique to the nba)

How were the previous Hawks' colors unique to the NBA?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Maybe they could use VT's colors. No one uses burgundy/maroon. As for a name, :unsure:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

How about as colors, red (Pantone 805) and orange (Pantone 804), and call them the Oklahoma Redmen?

Wow. You do realize that PANTONE 805 C and PANTONE 804 C are both Pantone Day-Glo colors, right? Those are fluorescent inks...printers would scream out in agony everywhere...:

PMS_805_C.jpgPMS_804_C.jpg

:P

Most of you are on point. No need for more Navy, Bright Red, Black, or Royal teams in the Association.

The name needs to be about some theme that isn't covered in the NBA right now. example-Herd wouldn't work because of the Bulls.

I would say a combo like Brick/Gold/White, or Brown/Tan/White, or Maroon/Orange/Silver/White would be great.

For a name I like using Generals, Wranglers, Outlaws, Lawmen, Hounds, Vultures, or Rustlers.

Most of you are on point. No need for more Navy, Bright Red, Black, or Royal teams in the Association.

Oh, sweet! It's 2004 again! Maybe we'll get that presidential vote right this time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Oh, sweet! It's 2004 again! Maybe we'll get that presidential vote right this time.

O/T I hate to break it to you Gitlin, but that Presidential vote was a "no win scenario".

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived