2008 CFL Season Thread

Magnus

he CFL is really a great league, lets hope the Bills stay in the Buffalo so we can keep the CFL in Toronto.

The NFL will not wipe out any CFL teams, I am positive. Can you see an entire fan base losing interest in their favourite team and going to another?

I can't.

No, but I can see a large chunk switching along with the majority of sponsors.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he CFL is really a great league, lets hope the Bills stay in the Buffalo so we can keep the CFL in Toronto.

The NFL will not wipe out any CFL teams, I am positive. Can you see an entire fan base losing interest in their favourite team and going to another?

I can't.

Can you see sponsorship and corporate money jumping from one league to another?

I can.

Whether the small markets like it or not, the CFL needs Toronto. The NFL coming in kills the league within 10 years, maybe 5.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I can't.

Can you see sponsorship and corporate money jumping from one league to another?

I can.

Whether the small markets like it or not, the CFL needs Toronto. The NFL coming in kills the league within 10 years, maybe 5.

:cry:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

All the more reason for the rest of Canada to abandon Rogers, as far as I can tell. Ted Rogers is the one who wants an NFL team in Toronto, at any cost.

Get rid of your cell phones, your video cards, your cable and internet. Switch to another provider. Stop supporting the Blue Jays just because they're Canadian, and go for your local team (unless you're in Toronto and you're a Rogers/Jays fan, in which case, :censored: you).

The CFL is a storied league with amazing history. To lose it all because one man wants a new toy is ludicrous.

But again, that's me. Your mileage may vary.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

That's what you get when Toronto really controls how the league fairs which is BS since it's a Canada's league but you need that one team in the Southern Ontario area i guess.

PS Ted Rogers is a complete Douch3 bag

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

All the more reason for the rest of Canada to abandon Rogers, as far as I can tell. Ted Rogers is the one who wants an NFL team in Toronto, at any cost.

Get rid of your cell phones, your video cards, your cable and internet. Switch to another provider. Stop supporting the Blue Jays just because they're Canadian, and go for your local team (unless you're in Toronto and you're a Rogers/Jays fan, in which case, :censored: you).

The CFL is a storied league with amazing history. To lose it all because one man wants a new toy is ludicrous.

But again, that's me. Your mileage may vary.

MLSE are also very heavily involved in it.

Both groups have said they'd go in together and build a stadium if/when the time comes for the NFL to come to Toronto.

Truth is, you can't possibly expect me to get rid of my cell phone and internet service because of this. Rogers provides a good service, and I was with Bell for years. At least the people at Rogers will consider that there might be a billing error and correct it, Bell just basically says ":censored: off".

Also, the Jays are Toronto's...well Canada's baseball team. Are you suggesting that we all stop supporting the team cause of the ownership and risk loosing our team? (and I'm asking, not being sarcastic)

Listen, I understand your position. I respect your opinion too, but the truth is, the NFL is far away still.

The NFL wants LA back in so badly, that Toronto is just an after though. The whole Bills in Toronto thing is just a way for the Bills to dump a sparcly atteneded winter game (due to weather) in a spot where they make alot of cash, that and a few exhibition games to sweeten the pot.

Now, if we can get back to talking about the CFL.

Milt Stegal is confirmed for Friday? That's not looking good for my Argos, last thing we need is Winnipeg to start their re-surgance for this year. I''m starting to get worried.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Huge news this can also make Kevin Glenn feel a bit more happy i don't expect him on the bench the whole season but barring a really horrible game it would probably have to be like 2 games straight by Dinwiddie for him to lose the starting role.

And Ryan Dinwiddie has also been named offensive player of the week with his 450 yards and 110 passer efficiency rating

I am going to miss the game tommorow because I work, :(.

I watch it on the TSN.ca archives, wish I didn't have to though.

Sorry to hear that brother. I'll make sure to have a beer and cheer a little extra loud for you!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The thing with Stegall coming back is he makes one more receiver the Argos have to worry about even if he catches like 3 passes it should open up Romby Bryant for another huge game because i wouldn't be surprised if the double up on milt early and often because of the threat he brings also i expect Blink to have his breakout game tonight.

I think Glenn will be given the chance to try to right the ship again but I wonder how long Berry can continue with Ryan there at QB.. will see what happens for the next Bombers game vs Montreal on August 8th at home... hmm.. I did see the game tonite.. and have to be disappointed in how the Bombers have fared.. ahh I'm sure the Bombers will work on some things to fix before they face the Als....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The defense keeps getting better with each game and i think it was Glen Suitor that said it tonight that Ryan can play well against some defenses but not all of them.... just glad were in the east but i still see only 2 teams making it from the east.

Yup, typical Bomber fans. One bad game, and you want the other guy in.

The most popular guy in Winnipeg is always the #2 quarterback, no matter who it is. Kevin Glenn, Khari Jones, Pat Barnes, it don't matter.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Tough game for Dinwiddie, from what I saw the Bombers still could've won it late in the fourth.

HIs numbers weren't bad, 16/24, 224 Yards, 1 TD and 2 INT.

But it doesn't matter because we are 1-5 now!

Robert's still has not had a breakout game, had 66 yards last night.

Willl be playing the Al's next week, and that game is a must win.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived