My kansas city royals uniform concept

IronChefShark

(assuming nobody plans to ruin THIS thread ??? )

you all know how I feel about most retro looks. That being said I have made it known before that I wouldnt be completely against powder blue road unis returning for certain teams. The Royals are one of them. Ive made the silver and powder blue more prominent in the scheme, that way the Royals dont look like the dodgers  :angry:  anymore.

I also went ahead and did a revamped primary logo. I have a feeling that some of you will either love it, or completely hate it. well I like it and thats all that matters  :P

COPY AND PASTE THE SHORTCUTS!

Kansas City Royals proposed new uniform concept

Kansas City Royals primary logo concept

Kansas City Royals secondary logo concept

I think the blue you have chosen is closer to Columbia blue than powder blue, but whatever you want to call it, I like it.  It works.  I appreciate the removal of black from the scheme and while I don't have a problem with the Royals' present logo (assuming the crown was gold rather than black) I think your tweaking of it is fine.  The alternate cap with the crowned "R" is ok, but I'd prefer it to be a crowned "KC" instead.  In any event, this is a good proposal for our little baseball brothers on the other side of the state.

Those are very very nice. I love the R crown logo and everything else. Well actually there is one thing I don't like. It is the silver/grey. I think gold needs to be more prominent in their scheme, and if you basically replaced all silver with gold, or in some places just removed silver, you would accomplish that. I like it with the silver, I would love it without.

yhollander- actually that shade of blue I used for the road uni is according to the SSUR website, the same blue the Blue Jays used for thier road unis back when they had the "powder" blues. at first i thought it was kinda dark too, but I was going for SOME accuracy in that dept.

STL- if gold was made more prominent then it would make a look too similar to that of the Brewers, and what I try to do with all my concepts is make each team look distinctive without being loud and gaudy. I do agree that the gold would probably work, but in the Royals particular case, the silver looks better. (remember, I was right about the piping on the tigers jerseys!  :D  )

bosox - how could someone in favor of BROWN disapprove of a powder blue road uni? well we all know youre wierd anyways  :P  J/K

snowcap - yeah that R w/ the crown logo a brainchild of mine. I felt it would make a good alt. cap logo, maybe even a BP hat logo too.

grandmaster - yeah, I agree that the current logo they use is while traditional, can be rather boring. I wanted something a little more detailed, not extremely cluttered, and respectful to the team's tradition. I even played around with a "coat of arms" type logo with two lions supporting the sides, but it looked a little too busy for a baseball logo

bosox - how could someone in favor of BROWN disapprove of a powder blue road uni? well we all know youre wierd anyways  :P  J/K

:laugh:

No, I like them. I just dont like the same color jerseys. Don't want the MLB uniforms turning into the NFL uniforms, do you?

Yeah, buddy!  Those Royals concepts rock!  I was never in favor of the black trim (too much like the Mets, and that's another unneeded addition of black to a colour set), and I wasn't too keen on the drop shadows either.  But you know, with this concept, the drop shadows work with the powder blue.  Cool work on the logos, too!  Good job, SHB!  :cool:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived