Columbus Bluejackets

adpollock1188

I took away the horrible neon green of the bluejacket's mouth, and added a yellow gold instead. I also added a circle around the main logo, which I think looks better and more professional, and kept basically everything else the same.

"Bluejacket" (or, as the team is actually called, "Blue Jacket") does NOT refer to the bug. There is no bug called a Bluejacket AFAIK.

The bug should be ditched completely. It was always a major embarrassment. Stick with the secondary and keep the space in the nickname "Blue Jackets."

I do like the wordmark a lot.

The only reason that the "bug" was ever there was because they needed/wanted an alternate logo so they developed it because "bees/bugs" are really hard workers and the people of columbus are aswell. I'm pretty sure its true too as it was told to me by Doug Maclean, the Former GM of the jackets, who happens to be friends with my dad.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The only reason that the "bug" was ever there was because they needed/wanted an alternate logo so they developed it because "bees/bugs" are really hard workers and the people of columbus are aswell. I'm pretty sure its true too as it was told to me by Doug Maclean, the Former GM of the jackets, who happens to be friends with my dad.

OK. Except the bug was the primary logo, not an alternate, when the team adopted its identity.

OK. Except the bug was the primary logo, not an alternate, when the team adopted its identity.

K what are you talking about. The bug was NEVER their primary logo. I have followed that team every step of the way.

Even their inaugural season logo is based on their original primary logo:

6794.gif

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

K what are you talking about. The bug was NEVER their primary logo. I have followed that team every step of the way.

Even their inaugural season logo is based on their original primary logo:

I remember very clearly that when they announced that the team was going to be called the Blue Jackets, they released the bug logo at the same time. No other logos.

Now, maybe they backed off and released another logo when the bug was greeted with howls of derisive laughter, I don't know. That's just what I recall. I'm sure another logo was in place before the team took the rink.

I don't see what the big deal is about the bug. It is just a play on the name and a way to capitalize on the marketability of the team name...which is always great thing.

The Augusta Greenjackets do the same thing. The nickname is obviously not about a bug but about the Masters golf tournament held in Augusta. Instead, a yellow(but green)jacket is used as the mascot. I think it is a good idea and expands the logo set and gives it some flare.

I don't see what the big deal is about the bug. It is just a play on the name and a way to capitalize on the marketability of the team name...which is always great thing.

The Augusta Greenjackets do the same thing. The nickname is obviously not about a bug but about the Masters golf tournament held in Augusta. Instead, a yellow(but green)jacket is used as the mascot. I think it is a good idea and expands the logo set and gives it some flare.

Chotchkie's may, but around here, we don't encourage more flare.

The bug logo was released, but that doesn't mean it was the primary logo.

Primary logo essentially means what you're showing off as your jersey crest, unless you use a script like Dallas.

OK, last comment then I promise I'll drop it ... it's my belief that the bug was intended to be the primary crest. The team backed off after poo was universally heaped on the design.

The one problem that I have with the bug logo is that it makes the team name a double-meaning, which I can't stand. Is a Blue Jacket a bug or a Union soldier? Same with the rename to the Rays. Is it a fish, or a sun ray?

In terms of these, go one way or the other. Either make the set focused on the bug, or make it focused on the Civil War. Let's face it... even with the bug sporting a Union hat and jacket, it still plays off the "yellow jacket" reference, hence the double meaning.

VmWIn6B.png

The one problem that I have with the bug logo is that it makes the team name a double-meaning, which I can't stand. Is a Blue Jacket a bug or a Union soldier? Same with the rename to the Rays. Is it a fish, or a sun ray?

Again, like I said above- I love the double meaning. If you are that confused about the origins of the team you pull for, maybe you really aren't much of a fan in the first place.

I LOVED the bug. I dont know why, but for what6 ever reason I just loved it. And to me it sucks to see it go. Therefore, I think that this concept is awesome ans what youve done with the bug is what they should have done with it instead of ditch it. Great work man, cant wait to see the uniforms!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I took away the horrible neon green of the bluejacket's mouth, and added a yellow gold instead. I also added a circle around the main logo, which I think looks better and more professional, and kept basically everything else the same.

"Bluejacket" (or, as the team is actually called, "Blue Jacket") does NOT refer to the bug. There is no bug called a Bluejacket AFAIK.

The bug should be ditched completely. It was always a major embarrassment. Stick with the secondary and keep the space in the nickname "Blue Jackets."

I do like the wordmark a lot.

very true. its strictly a military term. a Washington State College Level Baseball team makes the same design flaw. With the name bluejackets, but has a blue bee. i hate that.

Archived