Cities of Champions

Pharos04

I know we don't have as many championships as Boston, New York, Detroit or Montreal but can you do the

San Francisco Bay Area:

49ers - '81, '84, '88, '89, '94

Raiders - '76, '80

A's - '72, '73', '74, '89

Warriors - '75

Of course the Giants & Sharks have yet to win a title as members of the Bay Area sports fraternity

Much Appreciated

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, thank you for all the inputs and great suggestions as far as how to minimize such detailed logos without getting them all MSPaint-pixelated to the point where it looks horrible. I have redone almost all of the originals with much better logos, trophies, and for a few, some extra bonuses as far as former teams that actually did win championships. Here are the links to The redone ones:

Boston

Montreal

Detroit

Here are newer ones completed:

Los Angeles

CityofChampions-LA.png

San Francisco

CityofChampions-SF.png

and for goforbroke, his revamed New York one:

CityofChampions-NY3.png

Sabrejeff, your Buffalo one is the absolute next one on my list. C&C on these new ones please

Much much better. My main critique remains the same though -- use the logo the team used at the time they won. Like the new B's logo wouldn't be seen at all. And maybe use the main logos for teams such as the Celtics so you could show the "logo history" for each time they won, like I mentioned above. Finally, the other major thing I notice is you should erase all the stray white pixels around the trophies/logos, most glaringly the Lombardi trophy. I actually have some good small trophy pictures I made for a similar project which was inspired by this. :D So just let me know.

Would you be willing to this but for a persons favorite teams and not an individual city?

Absolutely. I"m working on right now actually. Who would you like?

Awesome!

I would like the Dallas Stars, the Toronto Blue Jays, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, the Kenora Thistles (if you can find them).

That is all of my teams that have won something.

Thanks.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

These are pretty awesome. But didn't the Rams win a title in LA? The Raiders may have too. Also, if you're including the Angels should you include the Ducks?

that is awesome, any way you could do a Denver one for my wife? (i would ask for DC, but 3 Redskins, a Bullets, and a Senators title in 1926 wouldnt look very good) 2 Avs, 2 Broncos, and a Colorado Mammoth? that'd be awesome. thanks!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Would you be willing to this but for a persons favorite teams and not an individual city?

Absolutely. I"m working on right now actually. Who would you like?

Really?! Any chance I could get a New York Yankees, St. Louis Cardinals, Boston Celtics, Los Angeles Lakers, Montreal Canadiens, Detroit Red Wings, San Francisco 49ers, and Dallas Cowboys one? Haha, just kidding.

Alrighty. DVD Guy, here is yours:

CityofChampions-DVDGuy.png

and yours, Korbyn:

CityofChampions-Korbyn.png

and also here is Buffalo's:

CityofChampions-BUF-1.png

Denver's:

CityofChampions-DEN.png

DC's:

CityofChampions-WSH.png

and a link to an updated LA featuring the Ducks, LA Rams, and LA Raiders

I want to apologize for the Buffalo one lacking almost all of their trophies but i am unable to procure any at this time. Once i find them they will be added

C&C on the newest round and enjoy :D

How about Seattle?! Oh wait, it only won two championships in the history of Seattle's major professional sports. Never mind then!

I think the Seattle hockey team won the first-ever Stanley Cup? Not sure... And Seattle SuperSonics in 1979. Seahawks should have won Super Bowl XL but stupid referees on Steelers' payroll screwed them.

I saw somebody requested a Pittsburgh City of Championships design....be sure to put an asterisk next to Steelers' XL victory. Just kidding....:P

Anyway, great job on those city of championships designs you did. I really like all of it.

seahawks55.pngseattleseahawks.png

OK just for :censored:es and giggles could we get one for San Diego?

Chargers: 1963 AFL Champions

Padres: PCL Champions: 1937, 1962, 1964, 1967

Sockers: NASL Indoor Champions: 1982, 1984 & MISL Champions: 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992

Gulls: WCHL Taylor Cup Champions: 1995-96, 1996-97, 1997-98, 2000-01, 2001-02 & ECHL Brabham Cup Champions: 2003-04

SurfDawgs: 2005 GBL Champions

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

OK just for :censored:es and giggles could we get one for San Diego?

Chargers: 1963 AFL Champions

Padres: PCL Champions: 1937, 1962, 1964, 1967

Sockers: NASL Indoor Champions: 1982, 1984 & MISL Champions: 1983, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992

Gulls: WCHL Taylor Cup Champions: 1995-96, 1996-97, 1997-98, 2000-01, 2001-02 & ECHL Brabham Cup Champions: 2003-04

SurfDawgs: 2005 GBL Champions

I second the request.

Archived