Mariners TBTC Night

Sodboy13

Saw this graphic on UniWatch today:

ad_uniwatchblog_side.jpg

For those of you who haven't noticed, Majestic has been consistently inaccurate with some of their on-field throwback designs. For instance, they stubbornly refuse to use the correct number font for the Padres of the late '70s and early '80s, even though it's a font widely in production in throwback jerseys from M&N. But if this graphic is accurate (and Jersey Joe's have been,) Majestic may have hit a new low by using Arial, America's second-favorite default font, for the Mariners' throwbacks. What's next, Astros rainbow guts with Comic Sans numbers?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I didn't think the Pilots wore pull-overs?

I believe those are the Mariners old road jerseys... circa late 1970s?

Yep, that's what they are supposed to be - but they look more like the original 1977 versions to me; I thought the M's changed the road jersey stripes for year 2? Maybe it was year 3.

Edit: actually, according to "Dress to the Nines" (and "Baseball Uniforms of the 20th Century) what is in that graphic was never used - Seattle didn't use the blue/yellow/blue stripes on the road uniform, just the home. In 1977 it was blue/yellow/white and from 1978-1980 it was yellow/blue/white/blue/yellow.

1977:

al_1977_seattle.gif

1978-1980:

al_1978_seattle.gif

Archived