Ottawa senators jersey options

spyboy1

I recently purchased an uncrested Ottawa 67's jersey. Here is a picture of it.

sweater.jpg

I have two options for what I would like to do with it.

OPTION #1 is based on the original Ottawa Silver Seven from the 20's. Back then they won several Stanley Cups and wore commemorative patches the following year. Here are some samples from NHLUniforms.com to show you.

senators2.jpgsenators6.jpg

Here is a patch from the NHL patch collection that I own that I could put on the front.

patch.jpg

I would then have a number added to the back in the same style as the old examples shown above.

Option #2 is to go with my own "Modern Throwback Alternate". Here is an example of the concept by our own Jezus_Ghoti that I just love.

senators.jpg

I can get the same modern crest and matching shoulder patches to put on it, along with a modern name and number kit to have it done up as a Lalime, Hossa, Alfredsson or Bondra.

About the only hang up to this idea is currently only being able to find shoulder patches that are the same design as the main crest, not the "S" style of the current road white or the "Tower/Maple Leaf" of the current alternate (my first choice).

Which would you choose and why?

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

spyboy1

I like your uni concept.  It would be nice to see Ottawa play in a vintage game (or maybe they are?) with these jerseys.

Nicely done!  :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

ordinarily, i'd say go with the modern style.  since you say the 2d centurion is hard to find in patch form rather than crest form, maybe this once a true throwback would be a better idea since you already have a patch...although i'm glad you're not planning on putting DAIGLE 91 on the back :laugh:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Thanks for the replies so far. Hopefully there will be a few more.

117 views and 11 votes? C'mon guys-click the little button. Cool people vote. :cool:  It's painless and not like you have to explain why.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

what about maybe putting the alt logo (the front view of the senator) on your modern throwback

I've not seen one for sale on ebay since I came up with the idea. I'd certainly be open to it, but all I have seen is the original profile logo in main crest and shoulder size. If anyone knows a source for some other options, I'm open to it.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

What about the ultra-old-school big "O" on there?

They have sold the 'heritage sweaters' with the "Big O", but I've always passed on them. Looks too much like a "zero" I guess...

I also have a reprint of hockey cards from 1911 that I used to make a t-shirt design and the Sens didn't use the "O" that early, so that's always looked 'right' to me without it.

Odd, the comments seem to favor the 1904 sytle, but the voting is 50/50.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived