1972 NFL exhibition game in France

slats7

Boy, this place is funny tonight.

We generally don't use the Biblical/Roman Catholic names. Yes, I did classify myself.

Well, outside of William, Michael, Phillip, Thomas, Vincents; there aren't many of those

names.

Not many Patricks, Christophers, Pauls, Matthews, Gabriels, Joshuas (I know Cribbs), Daniels

Remember, we sometimes put Ja, La, L', D, and Da in front of a lot (if we don't

name after cars)!

Or alcohol.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...1707/index.html

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We generally don't use the Biblical/Roman Catholic names. Yes, I did classify myself.

Well, outside of William, Michael, Phillip, Thomas, Vincents; there aren't many of those

names.

Not many Patricks, Christophers, Pauls, Matthews, Gabriels, Joshuas (I know Cribbs), Daniels

name after cars)!

Or alcohol.

I think Courvoisier Jones was a secret agent with Shaft back in the day.

When I coached AAU basketball in 2002/03 I had - for one season - a young man by the name of Matt Jackson. After him I can't say that in 31 years of life I've ever known of another African/American named Matt/Matthew.

98Falcons.png

When the stars align...

I still hope to place "D'Brickashaw" as the name of my child after the wife passes out upon childbirth.

Ahh so you like "The Thornbirds" too. Just like this lady who's son was on the bus stop with my kid sister back in elementary school. I wonder what happened to that kid...

Oh yeah he plays for the Jets.

names.

name after cars)!

Or alcohol.

Or, apparently, the state of the mother's genitalia:

Lucious.jpg

I win. :winner:

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

As we say in Boston, "What about Matt'n Luthah King? Wicked awesome guy...I once heard him speak at Hahvahd Yahd...couldn't pahk my cah anywhayuh neah the place."

I thought I wasted my time reading this pointless "Matt" banter until I got to this gem.... :P

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Bob Hayes (L) and Matt Snell ®.

Date: May 27, 1972.

No other pics available. Anybody know more about this? Did they play a French/Euro team or did the Americans square off against each other?

4219271739dp6.jpg

I look at these guys and they look like the fathers of Bob Hayes and Matt Snell. Conditioning ain't what it is now.

But seriously, who did they play?

Come to think of it, I went to what was essentially an all-black school and not one of my friends was named Matt.Wierd.... :D

Same here. I go to an all-black male school, and not a one goes by Matt (One guy I know goes by Matthew, so close, but no cigar.) :blink:

I've lived around African-Americans my entire life (and have lived as an African-American for my entire life) and so far I've met two people named Davidriquious but none named Matt.

That is a damn shame.

heh, i've known people named Maushae, Delarrinardo, Saterial, Taron, Keontay, Preston and Caleb, and am related to people named Fulton, LaFred, Jaquan, Taleah, Nevaeh, Brooklyn, Ardonis, Artavian, Arquincy, Artakian, Artasia, Ardesire, and another cousin goes by Azeem. I've never met a black Matt either. A couple white Matts, but never a black Matt.

come to think of it, this has been bugging me too...latinos name their kids Jesus all the time, whites and blacks almost never do. :blink:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Come to think of it, I went to what was essentially an all-black school and not one of my friends was named Matt.Wierd.... :D

Same here. I go to an all-black male school, and not a one goes by Matt (One guy I know goes by Matthew, so close, but no cigar.) :blink:

I've lived around African-Americans my entire life (and have lived as an African-American for my entire life) and so far I've met two people named Davidriquious but none named Matt.

That is a damn shame.

heh, i've known people named Maushae, Delarrinardo, Saterial, Taron, Keontay, Preston and Caleb, and am related to people named Fulton, LaFred, Jaquan, Taleah, Nevaeh, Brooklyn, Ardonis, Artavian, Arquincy, Artakian, Artasia, Ardesire, and another cousin goes by Azeem. I've never met a black Matt either. A couple white Matts, but never a black Matt.

come to think of it, this has been bugging me too...latinos name their kids Jesus all the time, whites and blacks almost never do. :blink:

I went to school with a black guy whose first name was Jesus Christ.

I too have some fun names in my family. On my dad's side, I'm related to people named Jamaal, Jammaal, Jamall, DraBrooks, Jayshonn (who has a sister named Jashia), Quafonda, Odonis, Senegal, Chrysler, Jo'maine, Nativitee, King, and Akwareeus (my aunt thought that was how you spelled 'Aquarius'). My mom is of Haitian, Xhosa, and Akan descent, so her family's names are very...um...different (especially on the Xhosa side which tends to name their children after random words). They include people named Excellence, Gift, Innocent, Tonic, Mandela, Alpheus, Loufoque (means 'absurd' in French), Doctor, Kwabená (means 'Tuesday' in Akan), and Cinderella.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

There's a black kid at my school by the name of Matt Johnson. Although no one calls him Matt, they simply call him Johnson.

But there are a handful of names such as Khandase, Jayell, and my personal favorite, Master Jewels.

There's a black kid at my school by the name of Matt Johnson. Although no one calls him Matt, they simply call him Johnson.

I shall respond to your set up with the following quote:

Sure, he may be strong as a mule with an endowment resembling a baby elephant's trunk...

Black. Mat.

umat001.jpg

Boo!

Archived