St. Louis Blues Prototype?

Howie_16

I just hope teams dont start the trend of wordmarks as the main logo.

Umm, have you forgot about Dallas, Vancouver and Nashville? There are also very strong rumors you must of missed about Tampa, Atlanta and Ottawa getting wordmarks on their alternates next year. Sorry but yes the teams will.

Correction. The Canucks and Preds do NOT use a wordmark as their primary logo; it's above the primary logo on their jerseys, but in no way are the wordmarks their logos.

Anaheim? Yes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I just hope teams dont start the trend of wordmarks as the main logo.

Umm, have you forgot about Dallas, Vancouver and Nashville? There are also very strong rumors you must of missed about Tampa, Atlanta and Ottawa getting wordmarks on their alternates next year. Sorry but yes the teams will.

Yes, and it's a terrible idea.

This is hockey, not basketball. The cool third jerseys with different third logos or variations with the main logo makes alot more sense since they have the room.

I hate the idea of word mark jerseys, soon every teams jersey will look like the NBA and NFL with the only logo being a shoulder patch?

Thats stupid.

anti.png

Correction. The Canucks and Preds do NOT use a wordmark as their primary logo; it's above the primary logo on their jerseys, but in no way are the wordmarks their logos.

Anaheim? Yes.

The wordmark above the canucks logo is considered part of their primary logo.

Picture1-14.png

Anaheim? Yes.

Picture1-14.png

Yeah but don't the Canucks have like 6 or 7 logos on that stylesheet labelled as Primary? I haven't seen the full sheet in a long time but I remember trying to figure out which logo to put up as their primary.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I found a couple of other early photos of the "second six".

I think this is from preseason. Bobby Baun of the California Seals is wearing what I think is a hand-me-down of the old WHL team.

012712.jpg

And here's Gerry Odrowski in another uniform I don't think the Seals ever wore in the regular season.

194001.jpg

Just like the Blues ... and the present-day Stars and Canucks ... they seemed to like the team's name on the front of the jersey.

Obviously thanks to Hockey Online for the photos .... they have plenty more if your interested.

Hockey Online

Don't forget about the golden skates!!

I think the Seals did wear the "C" version of that jersey for a month or two - the did debut as the "California Seals"; they quickly updated the "C" part of the log to an "O" when they renamed themselves the "Oakland Seals" in late 1967.

There are photos on that NHL e-mag of the Charlie Finley-era "California Golden Seals" wearing green skates with the green jerseys; unfortunately no photos of the yellow skates worn with the yellow jerseys. According to the article they wore the green/yellow skate combo in 1970/71 and switched to the white skates in 1971/72 as Finley tried to make them look like his other team, the As.

Also most of the photos in the article are of the teal/yellow uniforms with UCLA stripes the Seals wore during the Gund era, right before they bolted to Cleveland (and eventually merged with the North Stars).

Anaheim? Yes.

Picture1-14.png

Yeah but don't the Canucks have like 6 or 7 logos on that stylesheet labelled as Primary? I haven't seen the full sheet in a long time but I remember trying to figure out which logo to put up as their primary.

nope, there is only 1 primary but they show it on a few different background colors.

Archived