Pics from 2008 Rookie Premiere

BlueSky

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where's Leodis McKelvin?

Not invited. This event is mostly for the card companies, so they only invite those who will be popular on cards (because they make the various jersey/auto cards based on this event). So you'll see a lot of skill position guys drafted in later rounds rather than other players.

Here is the list for this year:

Donnie Avery - St. Louis, WR

Earl Bennett - Chicago, WR

John David Booty - Minnesota, QB

Brian Brohm - Green Bay, QB

Andre Caldwell - Cincinnati, WR

Jamaal Charles - Kansas City, RB

Glenn Dorsey - Kansas City, DT

Early Doucet III - Arizona, WR

Harry Douglas - Atlanta, WR

Joe Flacco - Baltimore, QB

Matt Forté - Chicago, RB

James Hardy - Buffalo, WR

Chad Henne - Miami, QB

DeSean Jackson - Philadelphia, WR

Dexter Jackson - Tampa Bay, WR

Chris Johnson - Tennessee, RB

Felix Jones - Dallas, RB

Dustin Keller - New York Jets, TE

Malcolm Kelly - Washington, WR

Jake Long - Miami, T

Mario Manningham - New York Giants, WR

Darren McFadden - Oakland, RB

Rashard Mendenhall - Pittsburgh, RB

Jordy Nelson, Green Bay, WR

Kevin O'Connell - New England, QB

Ray Rice - Baltimore, RB

Eddie Royal - Denver, WR

Matt Ryan - Atlanta, QB

Jerome Simpson - Cincinnati, WR

Steve Slaton - Houston, RB

Kevin Smith - Detroit, RB

Jonathan Stewart - Carolina, RB

Limas Sweed - Pittsburgh, WR

Devin Thomas - Washington, WR

Anyone notice in the background of the Mcfadden taking a picture... picture the Titans pick has the light blue alt. jersey as the one he wore.

09000d5d8085f4f1_gallery_600.jpg

As you can see in the background. I think this has been brought up recently but are the Titans making this the home jersey now?

I don't know, but here's a better picture.

00bfa045048b972b7bb09a7jx0.jpg

Where's Leodis McKelvin?

They usually only select the top few picks and most all skill position players (the ones doing the scoring) in the first couple of rounds. James Hardy was there, though. Against the wishes of his father.

EDIT: I see GottaDeal beat me to a similar yet more thorough explanation.

QBs, RBs and WRs are the best RCs in every card set so they rarely invite linemen or defensive players. Just because they're at this event doesn't mean their card will be valuable though....

390b_1.JPG <=== wasn't invited

a3a6_1.JPG <=== wasn't invited

bdeb_1.JPG <=== invited

76f9_1.JPG <=== invited

220e_1.JPG <=== invited

:P

Where's Leodis McKelvin?

They usually only select the top few picks and most all skill position players (the ones doing the scoring) in the first couple of rounds. James Hardy was there, though. Against the wishes of his father.

Could you elaborate on that one? :huh:

Where's Leodis McKelvin?

Where's Leodis McKelvin?

From what I recall, they started doing these shoots in 1993. Before that, they just used pics of the players in their college uniforms or just showed them holding a jersey at the draft.

Remember the first and only appearance of this combination?

82_1.JPG

The first three years (1993-1995), it looked like all of the shots were in a field and you didn't see much of the stadium background...

image05143.jpg706b_1.JPG

Another quick one........the rookie premiere was the only appearance of this Jaguars jersey in 1997 (unless they used it in the preseason too???) because the numbers were hard to read from far away:

8d4a_1.JPGfb_1_b.JPG

Another quick one........the rookie premiere was the only appearance of this Jaguars jersey in 1997 (unless they used it in the preseason too???) because the numbers were hard to read from far away:

I don't remember the thread, but I'm pretty sure a member here did indeed attend (or possibly broadcast?) a preseason game featuring those numbers, and had the same thought.

I can see why they ditched the numbers, but I don't quite get why they lost the black stripe. I kind of liked that.

Where's Leodis McKelvin?

I was making a joke of the fact he was arrested a few days before the photo shoot for pulling a gun on his father.

From what I recall, they started doing these shoots in 1993. Before that, they just used pics of the players in their college uniforms or just showed them holding a jersey at the draft.

82_1.JPG

I don't even know where to begin with the inconsistencies on the Bledsoe card...but I'll try.

1. It looks like he's wearing lineman's shoulder pads.

2. The number font is obviously wrong...in fact, I'm willing to bet that Drew's wearing a blank Pats jersey, and they painted on the numbers.

3. The TV numbers are missing on the shoulders.

4. The pant stripe (the classic, 1993 season "Flying Elvis tail" stripe) is missing.

Similarly, it looks like Chris Slade got the same treatment in this rookie card.

15_1.JPG

82_1.JPG

I don't even know where to begin with the inconsistencies on the Bledsoe card...but I'll try.

1. It looks like he's wearing lineman's shoulder pads.

2. The number font is obviously wrong...in fact, I'm willing to bet that Drew's wearing a blank Pats jersey, and they painted on the numbers.

3. The TV numbers are missing on the shoulders.

4. The pant stripe (the classic, 1993 season "Flying Elvis tail" stripe) is missing.

Similarly, it looks like Chris Slade got the same treatment in this rookie card.

15_1.JPG

Since it's the offseason or traing camp, I would imagine those things happen regularly regarding uniform consistencies.

Where's Leodis McKelvin?

I was making a joke of the fact he was arrested a few days before the photo shoot for pulling a gun on his father.

Yeah I went and looked for an article after posting that and read about the gun thing. I figured it was tongue in cheek afterwards.

220e_1.JPG

Wow. Robert Gallery. Number 2 overall pick in 2004 (correct?), and you haven't hear :censored: about him. Wow. Bust.

I remember he was one of the most talked about players. Mann, that's too bad.

Actually it's quite amusing.

Ok maybe not.

Archived