Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care about the US TV Ratings, Van Basten is smart yeah some of the decisions he made may be questioned but still as a dutch fan i will miss him as manager

You are do bitter since the Dutch don't have Dick Advocatt any more. They should have won this tournament, period! As normal, they like Spain and Portugal, they disappoint! Best keeper, best striker in the tourney and still loose. Stay bitter.

Dude I'm disappointed and i really thought this team was the team to do it, the core is relatively young and with a great under 21 program, winning 2010 is a real possibility even with a new manager

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

best striker in the tourney

That's Lukas Podolski or David Villa.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Dude I'm disappointed and i really thought this team was the team to do it, the core is relatively young and with a great under 21 program, winning 2010 is a real possibility even with a new manager

Ruud is still the best striker and is 31, in his prime. Stop the bitterness everyone.

Now just hear this:

Dude, they choked, get over it. I would like to see the Dutch to win this and every World Cup as well. In 1994, I went to both the round of 16 game verses Ireland in Orlando (on July 4) and their game at the Cotton Bowl against Brasil (hottest game I've ever been to). They tanked today and were not aggressive like Russia was. Don't fret, Spain tanks much more.

Well, I'm disappointed. But, that's the way the tournament's gone so far, so its not really surprising.

-sigh- I just wish they had taken it a little bit farther.

Oh well. I guess it's time to look forward to South Africa in 2010, or that they can at least qualify for it.

I'm pulling for Russia for the rest of the tournament, though. They played damn good football today!

Looking ahead for the Netherlands for 2010 qualifying we find are selves in the easiest group with the only competition coming from Scotland and Norway,

FYR Macedonia and Iceland are the other two

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Looking ahead for the Netherlands for 2010 qualifying we find are selves in the easiest group with the only competition coming from Scotland and Norway,

FYR Macedonia and Iceland are the other two

I noticed that last week. Oranje have no excuse to not make it to South Africa, not when they're in minnow city for qualifying.

Don't get me started on penalty kicks though. As exciting as they may be, you might as well just have a game of rock-paper-scissors decide it, since it's 99% the luck of choosing right.

And, see ya later Holland. 3-1 Ruskies.

i disagree, some penalties just

fivebaseball3.png

Joe Morgan on 'Moneyball' - "Why would I wanna read a book about a computer, that gives computer numbers?"

Don't get me started on penalty kicks though. As exciting as they may be, you might as well just have a game of rock-paper-scissors decide it, since it's 99% the luck of choosing right.

And, see ya later Holland. 3-1 Ruskies.

i disagree, some penalties just

I really hate penalties because they seem like they'd be really easy to score. I never actually taken one, but from what I can tell all you have to do is kick it to the top half of the goal (like in the video), the keeper will be defenseless no matter which side you choose.

It's going to be a tough game today for Italy. The loss of Pirlo is going to be huge, he may be their best, or at least most valuable, player. He's like the point guard for an already weak offense. This is especially bad news with an underacheiving defense. If Italy going to win this one they're going to need someone to step up in the middle field and play strong defense.

I really hate penalties because they seem like they'd be really easy to score. I never actually taken one, but from what I can tell all you have to do is kick it to the top half of the goal (like in the video), the keeper will be defenseless no matter which side you choose.

MUCH easier said than done.

i can't wait for today's game, hopefully it'll be a showcase of attacking football (from the Spanish at least). i'm not sure if the Italian centre backs will be able to deal with the pace of Villa and Torres, though the Spanish shouldn't pose much of a threat with their height at set pieces. hoping the Spanish go through, overall they've been arguably the best team in the tournament so far, in my opinion anyways.

and as for penalties, they're tough for both the taker and the 'keeper, speaking as someone who has saved a few as a goalie in school. even scored the winner in one shootout ^_^ (a few years ago mind you)

fivebaseball3.png

Joe Morgan on 'Moneyball' - "Why would I wanna read a book about a computer, that gives computer numbers?"

Archived