Sign in to follow this  
NEW.ERA

Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

Anyone think that the Turkish have a chance today?

Great start by the Turks but then Germany goes and scores

Gemany has the lead now (but the international feed is still down).

Damn Lightning

And those Turks just won't die

And now ESPN says Turkey has scored in the last minutes again.

Germany scores with less than 2 minutes left!

Whew... The Germans hang on to beat a very game Turkish team 3-2. I have to give credit to Turkey for being able to keep it close with Germany.

The only sad thing now is that we don't get to see anymore Cardiac Turks (Unless there is a 3rd Place match).

Sounded like a dramatic finish. It would have been nice to see some of it, thanks to technical troubles and a poorly timed trip to the refrigerator, I managed to miss the last 3 goals. :mad:

I applaud Turkey's effort coming back in 3 of the 4 last games and trying to pull another one today.

This team will be a force in 2010...... if they qualify

This is where ESPN kind of dropped the ball as far as not having the commentators live on site. I understand it's a dramatic cost saver to have just two sets of broadcasters and having them call it from the studio but if they had actually been in Basel, they could have called the match radio style instead of us getting Rece and Julie for what seemed like forever.

They do have a version of the game without technical difficulties and it is being shown on ESPN Classic. I forgot what time they said it would be on, though.

Dang, the Turks got Turked.

Nearly every game in this tournament has been terrific, and aside from Spain/Italy, the knockout phase games have been absolutely sensational.

This is where ESPN kind of dropped the ball as far as not having the commentators live on site. I understand it's a dramatic cost saver to have just two sets of broadcasters and having them call it from the studio but if they had actually been in Basel, they could have called the match radio style instead of us getting Rece and Julie for what seemed like forever.

They do have a version of the game without technical difficulties and it is being shown on ESPN Classic. I forgot what time they said it would be on, though.

They should just take the international commentators. That's what TSN and Sportsnet do, and it's fantastic.

Spain-Russia on now

Spain 2

Russia 1

Game winner in extra time

Forget extra time. Spain torches Russia 3-0 and sets up the finals between Germany and Spain.

Go Spain