Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew... The Germans hang on to beat a very game Turkish team 3-2. I have to give credit to Turkey for being able to keep it close with Germany.

The only sad thing now is that we don't get to see anymore Cardiac Turks (Unless there is a 3rd Place match).

Sounded like a dramatic finish. It would have been nice to see some of it, thanks to technical troubles and a poorly timed trip to the refrigerator, I managed to miss the last 3 goals. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I applaud Turkey's effort coming back in 3 of the 4 last games and trying to pull another one today.

This team will be a force in 2010...... if they qualify

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

This is where ESPN kind of dropped the ball as far as not having the commentators live on site. I understand it's a dramatic cost saver to have just two sets of broadcasters and having them call it from the studio but if they had actually been in Basel, they could have called the match radio style instead of us getting Rece and Julie for what seemed like forever.

They do have a version of the game without technical difficulties and it is being shown on ESPN Classic. I forgot what time they said it would be on, though.

Dang, the Turks got Turked.

Nearly every game in this tournament has been terrific, and aside from Spain/Italy, the knockout phase games have been absolutely sensational.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This is where ESPN kind of dropped the ball as far as not having the commentators live on site. I understand it's a dramatic cost saver to have just two sets of broadcasters and having them call it from the studio but if they had actually been in Basel, they could have called the match radio style instead of us getting Rece and Julie for what seemed like forever.

They do have a version of the game without technical difficulties and it is being shown on ESPN Classic. I forgot what time they said it would be on, though.

They should just take the international commentators. That's what TSN and Sportsnet do, and it's fantastic.

1zqy8ok.gif

Go Spain

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived