Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Arshavin fancies a move to Spain(or anywhere else) then he did himself no favours with that anonymous performance.I bet all Spanish clubs wish they had Fabregas now!

The Right will always be wrong,

Conservatives-Dragging the world kicking and screaming into the 19th century.

I have to go out of town at some point on Sunday so I went to the ESPN website to see what time the game would be on, and much to my surprise, see that the Euro 2008 final is scheduled to be on...

ABC!

Whouda thunk it?

I'm starting to think that this soccer thing just might be catching on here in the ol' US of A. :)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I have to go out of town at some point on Sunday so I went to the ESPN website to see what time the game would be on, and much to my surprise, see that the Euro 2008 final is scheduled to be on...

ABC!

Whouda thunk it?

I'm starting to think that this soccer thing just might be catching on here in the ol' US of A. :)

ABC had a game on last weekend.....

ABC!

Whouda thunk it?

Note that MLS is not getting any coverage on SportsCenter and talk shows like PTI, Around the Horn and others. Soccer has not caught on with the fan that is a casual observer of other sports, and that is simply because of the fact that MLS is a 3rd-rate league. People will tune into Germany-Spain because people will hear those two nations' names and think "hey, two soccer nations with rich history, that will be a good match." I doubt Turkey-Russia would get any great ratings in the US, even with the Cardiac Turks.

uconn2.pngliverpoolfc.png

I'm not a real big fan of soccer, but I've caught most of the games, including all of the knockout games. I mean anytime theres some big time sports in HD at 11:30 in the morning with nothing else on, I'll watch it. And I've enjoyed the games.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Congrats to Spain. I guess 44 years is long enough. But good for them, they finally followed through on their potential and won something when it counted.

Overall, this was a damn good Euro Cup, and I'm hoping that it brought some new fans to soccer. ESPN did a good job covering this.

congrats to Spain, the much better side in this match, and the whole tourney. Ballack looked and played like he was hurt, but kudos for trying.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived