Sign in to follow this  
NEW.ERA

Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

I really thought Russia would put up more of a fight

If Arshavin fancies a move to Spain(or anywhere else) then he did himself no favours with that anonymous performance.I bet all Spanish clubs wish they had Fabregas now!

I have to go out of town at some point on Sunday so I went to the ESPN website to see what time the game would be on, and much to my surprise, see that the Euro 2008 final is scheduled to be on...

ABC!

Whouda thunk it?

I'm starting to think that this soccer thing just might be catching on here in the ol' US of A. :)

I still can see the ratings being not that great

I have to go out of town at some point on Sunday so I went to the ESPN website to see what time the game would be on, and much to my surprise, see that the Euro 2008 final is scheduled to be on...

ABC!

Whouda thunk it?

I'm starting to think that this soccer thing just might be catching on here in the ol' US of A. :)

ABC had a game on last weekend.....

ABC!

Whouda thunk it?

Note that MLS is not getting any coverage on SportsCenter and talk shows like PTI, Around the Horn and others. Soccer has not caught on with the fan that is a casual observer of other sports, and that is simply because of the fact that MLS is a 3rd-rate league. People will tune into Germany-Spain because people will hear those two nations' names and think "hey, two soccer nations with rich history, that will be a good match." I doubt Turkey-Russia would get any great ratings in the US, even with the Cardiac Turks.

I'm not a real big fan of soccer, but I've caught most of the games, including all of the knockout games. I mean anytime theres some big time sports in HD at 11:30 in the morning with nothing else on, I'll watch it. And I've enjoyed the games.

I really thought France was going to fire Domenech before Italy fired Donadoni.... i can't stand Raymond Domenech

And the Spanish side takes home Euro 08! Spain beats Germany 1-0 in the finals to get a massive monkey off of their backs.

Congrats to Spain. I guess 44 years is long enough. But good for them, they finally followed through on their potential and won something when it counted.

Overall, this was a damn good Euro Cup, and I'm hoping that it brought some new fans to soccer. ESPN did a good job covering this.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!

Woo! Thank you Torres.

congrats to Spain, the much better side in this match, and the whole tourney. Ballack looked and played like he was hurt, but kudos for trying.

SPAIN!

Great Tournament overall

now only 710 days till South Africa

And the reign in Spain falls mainly on Germany...

uefaspainchampsak7.png

Well done Spain, worthy winners in my opinion. The tournament was amazing in the most part, I really am beginning to believe it's better than the World Cup.