Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should be a great match between the Czech Republic and Turkey for the right to move on to the quarterfinals and of course Portugal has already clinched a spot in the quarters.
I do hope it goes to a result. If it's a draw, they go to a penalty shootout.

LvZYtbZ.png

If Austria and Poland draw, Croatia wins the group, or at least that's what I'm think. Now Germany's gotta put it all on the line against Austria. It's a good thing that they aren't playing in a tough group.

Right now Italy and Romania are tied at 1-1.

Romania struck first thanks to a botched header by an Italian defender. Then, almost seconds later, Italy gets a corner kick that is placed in the 'Old Onion Bag' by a striker.

Right now Italy and Romania are tied at 1-1.

Romania struck first thanks to a botched header by an Italian defender. Then, almost seconds later, Italy gets a corner kick that is placed in the 'Old Onion Bag' by a striker.

It's do or die for the Italians now

Italy is not getting the benefit of the doubt on these calls like they did back in 06. There's been at least 3 times where, comparing the officiating from the 06 WC to this game, where they would've had a PK just by falling down near a defender in the box. They've done that a couple of times in the late stages of the game, and it hasn't been called. Looks like they're going to draw with Romania. Wow, Italy only has 1 pt after 2 games. Their next game is definitely a must win.

EDIT: Now it's time for Oranje to try and clinch this group against the Blue Cocks...heehee.

1-0 at the half, but the French are really trying to push, and I think they have control of the game. But I hope this result stands. I don't want the Oranje to have to play a desperate Romania in a game that matters.

France came on strong late, but the Dutch in my mind are dominant with possession they need to stay a little more discipline and we should be alright to escape with a 1-0 win

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived