Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think that was the quickest 2 goals I've ever seen. if it were stopped clock, it would've been literally like 15 seconds. I just got done typing and pressing 'add reply', only to look up and see the ball fly into the net.

Not only was Robben's goal amazing in terms of the fact that it came so quickly after the Henry goal (45 seconds to be exact), but the angle was WILD, yo. Shades of van Basten's goal back in 88 to clinch the title for the Dutch back then.

If this result stands, this is a dream result as far as I'm concerned. I really thought that they'd have to scrap to get out of the group, but they've gotten 6 goals past the two finalists in the 06 WC. I'm pleasantly stunned.

And they're STILL attacking. I love this team.

I think if the Italians fail in this, the Dutch might be my new team, based on kickass-ness of uniforms.

And again, 4-1 now. "It's a dutch oven, and the french are toast". Best announcer ever.

I think if the Italians fail in this, the Dutch might be my new team, based on kickass-ness of uniforms.

They aren't going to look too nice for the next game, IMO. They're busting out the all-orange kits. Orange shirts, orange shorts, orange socks.

300702.gif

Yuck.

And as I type this, Sneijder puts in the fourth on a beautiful strike. 4-1 Oranje!!!

The Dutch have won the Group of Death. If that was the Group of Death, then the Dutch were the Grim Reapers. :D

They aren't going to look too nice for the next game, IMO. They're busting out the all-orange kits. Orange shirts, orange shorts, orange socks.

And as I type this, Sneijder puts in the fourth on a beautiful strike. 4-1 Oranje!!!

I think I'd prefer the all orange look, actually. I've always wanted to see it. I almost bought a Netherlands Euro '08 track jacket at work this fall, but opted for the England one instead. Perhaps I should've.

As seen here, in case you fellas feel like making a purchase:

pADIDAS1-3817587_pattern_w345a.jpg

Here's the England one:

pADIDAS1-3817607_pattern_w345a.jpgpADIDAS1-3817607_adidasalt1_w345a.jpg

Oh, and Italy tied today vs. Romania. Woo!

I think I'd prefer the all orange look, actually. I've always wanted to see it.

You would've been in hog heaven back at the World Cup then, because that's all they wore (except in the Battle of Nuremburg against Portugal when they wore those sweet away kits they had back then.).

So yeah, I've been waiting to see them play in a combo like this since 2005, and I'm very happy to see them winning in it as well. :P

So

Spain-Sweden tomorrow winner will clinch first spot in Group D

Greece-Russia loser will be eliminated

Not quite.

Spain clinches first with a win if Greece doesn't win. Greece is out with a loss if Spain doesn't lose.

Sweden clinches first with a win if Russia doesn't win. Russia is out with a loss if Sweden doesn't lose.

I have to ask though... if you're a fan of the Dutch, do you want them to throw the game against Romania?

LvZYtbZ.png

So

Spain-Sweden tomorrow winner will clinch first spot in Group D

Greece-Russia loser will be eliminated

Not quite.

Spain clinches first with a win if Greece doesn't win. Greece is out with a loss if Spain doesn't lose.

Sweden clinches first with a win if Russia doesn't win. Russia is out with a loss if Sweden doesn't lose.

I have to ask though... if you're a fan of the Dutch, do you want them to throw the game against Romania?

A win would be great but i would love to see the World Cup Finalists out

i expect Van Basten to rest all the starters

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Italy has played really flat. But I think there is still a good chance they advance. France is very beatable, and the Netherlands should be able to handle Romania. Unless of course the Oranje, decide to rest their players and/or screw Italy and France, by losing their game.

If Italy does get elminated I will pull for the Netherlands. I've liked them since I saw them play Portugal in the 2006 World Cup.

Archived