Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spain won Group D today when they beat Sweden 2-1.

And there will be new champions in Europe this year since Greece has been eliminated.

Actually, I think Spain won the group when the Russians beat Greece 1-0. Had Greece won, we could have had a three-way tie at 6 points if Greece beat Spain and Sweden beat Russia.

LvZYtbZ.png

Spain won Group D today when they beat Sweden 2-1.

And there will be new champions in Europe this year since Greece has been eliminated.

Actually, I think Spain won the group when the Russians beat Greece 1-0. Had Greece won, we could have had a three-way tie at 6 points if Greece beat Spain and Sweden beat Russia.

That's what they were saying on TV.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I want revenge for the last two Euro 04 and World Cup 06

Have mercy! :P

I have to agree, if the Dutch still remember the Battle of Nuremberg, then they might be out for blood if they cross paths.

But that's just wishful thinking. I just hope they can get past the quarterfinals.

Um, before that happens someone might want to suggest that the Portugese stop halfassing it against the Swiss here!

I know the game doesn't matter because Portugal is already Quarterfinals bound, but to trail 2-0 to the bottom feeding Swiss? Pitiful... Absolutly pitiful.

Holy crap ... I decided to eschew the Turkey-Czech Republic game to listen to Canada v St. Vincent and Grenadines in WC qualifying at work ... now, reading the GameCast on Soccernet, I wish I had stayed home! Lots of drama with the late goals and bookings and emergency goalkeepers.

I have to say, these Euro championships have probably garnered the most attention I've ever seen for one on this side of the Atlantic, and the teams are certainly making the most of it. Lots of scoring, lots of great games. I hope it will be enough to convert some people.

BTW, willmorris, they wouldn't have PKs in the group games. Only in the knockout stages.

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, 2-0 Canada in probably the 75th minute or so. No TV for that match, so I'm listening to a radio station from SVG over the internet.

BTW, willmorris, they wouldn't have PKs in the group games. Only in the knockout stages.
They had already announced that it would go to PKs because it would be two inseparable teams, who were playing each other in the last match, but they wouldn't be going to extra time, it would be straight to PKs.

LvZYtbZ.png

They had already announced that it would go to PKs because it would be two inseparable teams, who were playing each other in the last match, but they wouldn't be going to extra time, it would be straight to PKs.

Ah, fair enough. I hadn't looked too closely at the standings.

EDIT: 3-0 Canada now. Ali Gerba gets his second in the last few minutes. Or it could be his third — the radio commentators didn't get the scorer on the first goal.

I can't believe I missed today's action catching up on some sleep. I'ma have to go back and watch some of these games on the ol 360, because it ust sounds riveting.

That being said, the US begins qualifying for South Africa in 2010 today against tiny Barbados, and the talent level discrepancy is showing. It's 3-0 after 20 minutes.

I can't believe I missed today's action catching up on some sleep. I'ma have to go back and watch some of these games on the ol 360, because it ust sounds riveting.

That being said, the US begins qualifying for South Africa in 2010 today against tiny Barbados, and the talent level discrepancy is showing. It's 3-0 after 20 minutes.

You never know, Barbados could score nine goals at home.

LvZYtbZ.png

You never know, Barbados could score nine goals at home.

They'll have to do that AND get a clean sheet to advance, because the US stomped all over them today. Them not getting any goals on the road really hurt. Poor Barbados.

And I just saw the ending to the Turkey-Czech Republic game. That was one of the wildest endings I've seen to end a match period.

Archived