Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland

NEW.ERA

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy, between this and losing the Champions' League final, it must not be much fun being Petr Cech these days.

Said Petr Cech on Saturday:

"I believe penalties won't have to take place at all and we'll beat Turkey. We have it all in our hands."

Well, you did, Petr. Unfortunately, you then dropped it.

Turkey will be with out keeper Volkan Demirel for the next match against Croatia huge loss but with that said probably the best game so far of the tournament

Probably bring back Rustu Recber who has some mad moments and also looks like the guy in the Mummy Returns.

Euro 2008 continues to get wilder and wilder...both coaches in the Austria-Germany game were sent off at the same time. They are now watching the game from the stands. :lol:

Can't wait for Portugal-Germany. Good stuff.

Portugal's gonna mollywock Germany. They lost to Switzerland, but it wasn't like it was their A-Team out there. Germany just had to fight off the Austrians. Home field advantage or not, Germany should've throttled Austria, IMO.

Can't wait for Portugal-Germany. Good stuff.

Portugal's gonna mollywock Germany. They lost to Switzerland, but it wasn't like it was their A-Team out there. Germany just had to fight off the Austrians. Home field advantage or not, Germany should've throttled Austria, IMO.

The Germans are having a major problem finishing plays off. The defense is solid, and the mid, save Frings, are doing a good job distributing, so I'm still optimistic the Germans can get by Portugal.

Oranje definitely have their B-side out there today. Romania's going 100%, since it's do or die for them.

So yeah, it's gonna be mighty interesting. I just hope that Oranje is using this game to stay sharp and worrying about their own form instead of matters in the other game.

Double whammy for the French...Abidol commits a foul in the box and gets sent off, and Italy scores off of the PK (go figure). So Italy's now in position to move on.

Double whammy for the French...Abidol commits a foul in the box and gets sent off, and Italy scores off of the PK (go figure). So Italy's now in position to move on.

Plus losing Ribery

Well, overall, I am more than impressed with how this group turned out. It was the group of death, and Holland won it undefeated. Not only did they do that, they did it with a +8 goal differential! So yeah, I am supremely satisfied with Oranje's play in the group stages. Even the B-Side looked like they could've turned it on at any point against the Romanians.

So now it's onto the knockout stages. Hopefully Oranje will continue to go undefeated, because that's what it'll take to win the cup.

Archived