Adidas Michigan Jerseys?

JJSCOTT

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard from players that rumors around there are that the # font will be changing and that the away uni's might look very different but other than that nobody seems to know. They aren't even sure when they will see them! I have heard once all the Michigan sports teams are done playing... (baseball, softball and track) then they will be released but I have heard other rumors that June 1st release.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

Well, the piping on the away jersey may go away. Isn't it a Nike thing?

Not anymore. Nike, Reebok, Adidas and Russell all make funky jerseys.

Of course, some fan bases (Of teams that have retained a traditional look.) go bezerk when there's even a modest change to the uni. You should have seen the Ohio State Fans (Including me.) go nuts when they changed the sleeve stripes to the Earle Bruce Era that matched the Helmet Stripes. (I will admit that the stripe pattern on the White Jersey does not look too bad.)

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

was wondering... anybody done a concept jersey for the new adidas michigan jerseys? might be a good one to do!

jamdawg i know what you mean... alot of michigan fans flipped when they added the yellow piping... i actually liked it. i know a lot of the players did too. if they thought that was bad i hate to see the reaction when the new adidas jerseys come out... i have a feeling they are gonna really change them!

hoping they go back to the northwestern stripes on the road jerseys after nike screwed everything up.

I have always maintained that Nike doesnt do anything to uniforms that the schools dont let them do. Especially a big, powerful school like Michigan. They certainly have final say on anything its athletes wear. Any changes, silly or unnecessary, from the past under Nike's watch are certainly the fault of the school.

Having said that, Nike used and abused Michigan on the piping thing as if Jim Tressel himself was running the company. ((haha...))

yes, the womens college world series starts today (May 29th) and goes until the 5th. im sure that shortly after that, adidas will unviel their unis as womens softball is the last sport of the school year.

UM is ranked 6th, and i hope they go all the way, because im sure that they will wait untill the world series is over anyways to show them, so it would be dumb to root for them to lose when i have to wait anyways.

so expect them to be released after the 5th.

how long does it usually take for a team to reveal their new threads? anyone know?

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

yes, the womens college world series starts today (May 29th) and goes until the 5th. im sure that shortly after that, adidas will unviel their unis as womens softball is the last sport of the school year.

UM is ranked 6th, and i hope they go all the way, because im sure that they will wait untill the world series is over anyways to show them, so it would be dumb to root for them to lose when i have to wait anyways.

so expect them to be released after the 5th.

how long does it usually take for a team to reveal their new threads? anyone know?

-Vicious-

Well the Michigan softball season is over unfortunately... baseball is in the CWS tourney though! Would love to see them go all the way but can't wait for them to be done so hopefully the new uni's go public.

I got an e-mail from Moe's Sports Shop in Ann Arbor. I asked when they would have the new, Adidas jerseys in. Their response:

"We expect the Adidas jersey's to be arriving around the week of 7/1. Anytime during that first week would be a good time to call or stop by the store to see what we've gotten in..."

I would think the new duds should be unveiled soon if they are indeed, going to be in the stores within a month's time.

hoping they go back to the northwestern stripes on the road jerseys after nike screwed everything up.

When will Northwestern go back to Northwestern Stripes on THEIR Jerseys?

As for Nike Screwing things up. That's ultimately up to the school.

Michigan's Home Unis still looked like Michigan.

Ohio State (Except for the sleeve stripes.) still look like Ohio State.

Penn State, Texas, LSU, USC, Alabama & Oklahoma still look the way they have for years. (I include USC because their current ones are Retro reflecting their 60's look.)

Arizona State went with a new look a few years ago, but still looks traditional.

BYU went back to their traditional look last season. (But with a darker shade of blue.) Michigan State also went back to it's traditional look.

Having said that, Nike used and abused Michigan on the piping thing as if Jim Tressel himself was running the company. ((haha...))

Good one Rover! :D

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

Arizona State went with a new look a few years ago, but still looks traditional.

Actually the Sun Devils went with a totally different look a few years ago, but the fans and alumni made a big fuss over it that ASU went back to the traditional look that we all know and love(other than the Mildcat fans :D).

Actually the Sun Devils went with a totally different look a few years ago, but the fans and alumni made a big fuss over it that ASU went back to the traditional look that we all know and love(other than the Mildcat fans :D).

And the weird thing is that they went from a crappy Adidas set to a very classy NIke set.

Archived