Adidas Michigan Jerseys?

JJSCOTT

Well got a lil update for everyone interested in what the new uni's look like... I still have no clue when we may see them but the players on the team have seen them here is what one of them had to say...

"things are goin well, the workouts are no joke, i like the coaches we get along real well, were like family, but the jerseys look like west virginia, its like the same style, were gonna b wearing white shoes as well, were switching up styles, so its gonna look amazing!"

I can only imagine the uproar this is gonna cause! The older/traditionalist fan base was throwing fits of the last set nike did with the piping so if they really do look similar to WV with white shoes uh oh! :P

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well got a lil update for everyone interested in what the new uni's look like... I still have no clue when we may see them but the players on the team have seen them here is what one of them had to say...

"things are goin well, the workouts are no joke, i like the coaches we get along real well, were like family, but the jerseys look like west virginia, its like the same style, were gonna b wearing white shoes as well, were switching up styles, so its gonna look amazing!"

I can only imagine the uproar this is gonna cause! The older/traditionalist fan base was throwing fits of the last set nike did with the piping so if they really do look similar to WV with white shoes uh oh! :P

But isn't WV a Nike school? Why would Adidas do something that reminds people of Nike?

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

"things are goin well, the workouts are no joke, i like the coaches we get along real well, were like family, but the jerseys look like west virginia

OH. CRAP.

There's no way they get away with changing the home jerseys.

They know that.

They're not stupid.

And Bill Martin/Mary Sue Coleman would never allow it.

And, someone said this, but WV is a Nike school. They can't look that much like WV.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

yup... this is pretty much the initial reaction i had! I will try to get ahold of "the player" today and see if its both home and away just the away or get some more details but he is the 2nd guy on the team to tell me they look like WV's uniforms.

Seems like RR is out to make his mark and make it clear that its gonna be a different Michigan with him in charge! Until just recently he was gonna break another Michigan tradition and award the #1 jersey to a FR DB. Although I know people will throw a fit now I could care less if they had Maize and Blue versions of the Oregon jerseys if they were beating OSU on a regular basis and holding the NC trophy above their heads at the end of the year!!! :D

yup... this is pretty much the initial reaction i had! I will try to get ahold of "the player" today and see if its both home and away just the away or get some more details but he is the 2nd guy on the team to tell me they look like WV's uniforms.

Seems like RR is out to make his mark and make it clear that its gonna be a different Michigan with him in charge! Until just recently he was gonna break another Michigan tradition and award the #1 jersey to a FR DB. Although I know people will throw a fit now I could care less if they had Maize and Blue versions of the Oregon jerseys if they were beating OSU on a regular basis and holding the NC trophy above their heads at the end of the year!!! :D

Oregon jerseys, no, I would rather beat OSU with traditional home uniforms. Away I have no problem with, but you do NOT mess with traditional home

There are two things about this situation that I find absolutely hilarious:

1) The fact that, when this was announced, everyone saying, "Oh, it's so great that adidas is taking over the uniforms! Now they won't be all terrible and piping-y like the Nike ones!" As it turns out, Michigan is worse off than before.

2) When JJSCOTT mentioned the design of the uniforms, all the board's Michigan fans had a simultaneous freak out. Maybe it's just funny to me, I don't know. Why you hasslin' me, son? You 5-0? Huh?!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

call me crazy Koi, but I don't mind winning, but to me tradition means everything to me, doesn't matter if it's ASU(alma mater) or U of M(my favorite team)

2) When JJSCOTT mentioned the design of the uniforms, all the board's Michigan fans had a simultaneous freak out. Maybe it's just funny to me, I don't know. Why you hasslin' me, son? You 5-0? Huh?!

Yeah I kinda figured that would happen... I wasn't tryin to send the Michigan fans into panic mode... just relaying what I had been told by players on the team that had seen the uniforms. If the players that choose to go there and wear these uniforms like them maybe they aren't as bad as we think... the players know and ARE a part of the Michigan tradition more than any of us fans ever will be.

Yes tradition is great and I am not saying I am in favor of the changes but if there was any time that the change I think fits its now... new coaching staff... new offensive mindset... new offensive/defensive schemes... new athletic brand.

yes I wouldn't mind winning in the old traditional uniforms but when it comes down to it I don't care if they look good winning I just want the "W"

No, no, you misunderstand me. I'm an Ohio State, so trust me when I say that I know a lot about tradition. If it were the Buckeyes, and not the Wolverines whose uniforms these were, I would be flipping a :censored:, too. I'm just amused is all.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

No, no, you misunderstand me. I'm an Ohio State, so trust me when I say that I know a lot about tradition. If it were the Buckeyes, and not the Wolverines whose uniforms these were, I would be flipping a :censored: , too. I'm just amused is all.

Damn a Buckeye and a Yankee fan? There is something wrong w/ you :P

Is that what a player told you? If so, can you give us the name of the player? Do you have any sources for that quote?

Until I get answers to those questions, I'm not going to buy it. I do believe that we will see a new number font (nothing overly durastic, but maybe something like the St. Louis Rams)... But if these reports are indeed true, then it seems Michigan has made a deal with the devil, trading in all of its traditions for National Championships....

1) The fact that, when this was announced, everyone saying, "Oh, it's so great that adidas is taking over the uniforms! Now they won't be all terrible and piping-y like the Nike ones!" As it turns out, Michigan is worse off than before.

Exactly what I have been saying all along... be careful what you wish for people!

I still think the adidas jerseys won't be as bad as the nike ones. Really. A few things:

1. I refuse to believe anyone (who's not a well respected long tenured member who I've come to trust) who just sort of quotes "a player". Especially because, as someone said, if they were changing the home jerseys, there would be players just as upset about the break in tradition as the fans would be.

2. Adidas doesn't use Nike templates. Adidas doesn't really do intense piping. Why would they start now?

3. The last Michigan sporting event is June 14th (track). So, we'll probably see the uniforms very shortly after that.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I still think the adidas jerseys won't be as bad as the nike ones. Really. A few things:

1. I refuse to believe anyone (who's not a well respected long tenured member who I've come to trust) who just sort of quotes "a player". Especially because, as someone said, if they were changing the home jerseys, there would be players just as upset about the break in tradition as the fans would be.

2. Adidas doesn't use Nike templates. Adidas doesn't really do intense piping. Why would they start now?

3. The last Michigan sporting event is June 14th (track). So, we'll probably see the uniforms very shortly after that.

I guess you haven't seen the new Cincinnatti uniforms....

Yeah I kinda figured that would happen... I wasn't tryin to send the Michigan fans into panic mode... just relaying what I had been told by players on the team that had seen the uniforms. If the players that choose to go there and wear these uniforms like them maybe they aren't as bad as we think... the players know and ARE a part of the Michigan tradition more than any of us fans ever will be.

Yes tradition is great and I am not saying I am in favor of the changes but if there was any time that the change I think fits its now... new coaching staff... new offensive mindset... new offensive/defensive schemes... new athletic brand.

yes I wouldn't mind winning in the old traditional uniforms but when it comes down to it I don't care if they look good winning I just want the "W"

Players are more part of the tradition than the fans are? Really? Tell that to the guy who's had season tickets for 30 years and whose kids have gone to Michigan and has given money to the program. I hate to break it to you, but honestly fans in college are more of the tradition than the players who go there just to use it as a stepping stone to get paid. Remember that without the fans, football would be another non-revenue sport. The fans are the sport, if there were no fans, there would be no sport. It's the paying public that makes the sport, not the other way around. A

As far as the rumored changes... well I'll react to them when I see them, but looking at the crap that WV wears, it wouldn't surprise me that the ego maniac that is Rich Rodriguez would change just to make his mark on the program. This whole Rich Rodriguez move to Michigan screams of John L. Smith and Dennis Franchionne, and even Steve Kragthorpe, coaches who's egos got ahead of them who should've stayed where they were to continue a tradition that they had built and were winning. I firmly expect to see Michigan looking for a new coach in 4-5 years.

As a graduate of The Ohio State University, I'd love to be able to laugh at Michigan's new dorky uniforms while we're beating them this November for the sixth (seventh? ... I've lost track) time, but honestly...

A "player" says this? What "player"? This second hand account rings so untrue, if I were a Michigan fan I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

Archived