Adidas Michigan Jerseys?

JJSCOTT

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That actually looks really nice for the away jersey. If the home are the same, this will be a nice set. Now, I would like the road better if it were more traditional, but the new jerseys aren't bad.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Yeah that is the home ones... the road ones is where the big difference is... their are yellow stripes down the side of the away that is why alot of the players were comparing it to WVU jerseys. They are also gonna be wearing white shoes with them. They told me the # style was different for the home ones but I don't really see it in the 2 jerseys from the picture so not sure what they meant by different.

Well........ could this be it? Somebody snapped it at the women's camp over the weekend again.... still waiting for confirmation.

n2228927430126438361zj8.jpg

if so, than very nice, just as long as the blues stay the same :D

Well, the piping reminds me of WVU, the numbers are different, however. I like it, as long as the home is what it seems to be.

Not bad at all. Please don't tell me the gamers will have screened on numbers, though. If so, then it will be a downgrade.

I'm very surprised by that. The homes appear to have tackle-twill, based on that picture.

In fact, for their marquee schools, adidas insisted several years ago that they make the switch from screen print to tackle twill. Tennessee, Notre Dame, and Nebraska have been tackle-twill since being switched from Belin to Ripon in 2005. UCLA was TT when adidas used Wilson for them, and kept it when the switch was made to Ripon. I'm not sure when Wisconsin made the switch. Northwestern (made by ACO), is the only MAJOR adidas school that had screened-on numbers.

Based on the cut of the blues, they are def. a Ripon production. Not sure about the white. The cut isn't a trademark for anyone. The tagging in the collar (instead of at the hem) suggests this is a sample, as that's usually how adidas has sample jerseys tagged. It may be the final design, it may not.

If those are the roads, I can handle 'em. The thicker piping is actually nice and the yellow side panels, which I thought I wouldn't like, aren't too bad. I just wonder if there will too much yellow going on with the side panels and the yellow pants. Blue pants would really make this a nice road set.

ok, well that looks a lot better when it is modeled a little bit. i could see this being a pretty good uni. the side panels look bigger in the first picture, and the piping on the shoulder looks reminiscent of the nike jerseys. this will look good with a nice set of shoulder pads under them.

Picture21.png

The side panel things would look great on the home jerseys, as they would tie them in with the helmet a little better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The lettering style looks like they are made by ACO. Ripon uses a somewhat rectangular, thick looking number style. ACO's Athletic Block (not the Champion block) is a squareish (sp?) style similar to Wilson, but slightly thinner, on the front, but uses the narrow numbers on the sleeves and on the back.

I'm also very certain that these jerseys are made by ACO because the block lettering style looks identical to the style on the Adidas jerseys at Troy, which are also made by ACO.

I knew they looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Good call.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

from UniWatch:

only one question:

why are ladies modeling this uni?

It was a women's football camp.

oh. well, i guess that explains it then.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

Not bad at all. Please don't tell me the gamers will have screened on numbers, though. If so, then it will be a downgrade.

I may be wrong but the aways the ;ast few years with Nike were screened as well. Even though I do not like Michigan, I am glad they didn't try something so off the wall as far as numbers. The ones that WVU has are really embarassing IMO and with the new coach, maybe they will thin them out or go to a more traditional font.

from UniWatch:

10pnhaf.jpg

only one question:

why are ladies modeling this uni?

I love the Rich Rodgriquez recruits. I see he's going for smaller/quicker players! :P I just wonder if any of them have any eligibility left though.

I may be wrong but the aways the ;ast few years with Nike were screened as well. Even though I do not like Michigan, I am glad they didn't try something so off the wall as far as numbers. The ones that WVU has are really embarassing IMO and with the new coach, maybe they will thin them out or go to a more traditional font.

They were sewn starting with the first year of the last re-design for the roads.

Archived