Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this logo qualify for this thread?

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.gif

What is the real story with this logo? I still haven't heard anything official.

For some reason, the team is downplaying that logo, though it was part of the official unveiling and continues to appear on merchandise.

If you go to the team's website, they use that as the little icon next to the http

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

No, it is not a fake logo at all. It is just a logo that the team decided to drop for some reason after releasing it. Although the team still uses in very small amounts.

I have a red (Yes, red) Buffalo Bills jersey that the team never wore for a game. I'll try to get a pic later.

Seen it. Fashion jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Some so-called "fashion jerseys" or "pop color" jerseys have actually reflected a team's heritage or has influenced the choice of an alternate jersey.

Purple Yankees' hat -- not so much.

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.gif

For some reason, the team is downplaying that logo, though it was part of the official unveiling and continues to appear on merchandise.

It's possible this logo will end up going the way of (what I like to label) the Philleattle Seagle--sitting in the team's logo vault, collecting dust.

This thing is what I was talking about:

he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif

(For those not in the know, this is--or at least was, don't know if it still is--an alternate logo for the Seattle Seahawks that has yet, at least to my recollection, to see the light of day on any type of official team merchandise.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Well, the biggest difference is that the Sharks are selling merchandise with the fin logo. Not gathering dust at all, just under-used.

Check.

And as to why it's underused...I haven't the foggiest. It's actually a really nice logo.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif

IIRC, someone here on our boards did that seahawk...and Seattle bought the rights to use it from him.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I have a red (Yes, red) Buffalo Bills jersey that the team never wore for a game. I'll try to get a pic later.

Growing up, for some reason I thought every NFL team wore a jersey that matched their helmet color. I was surprised when I found out the Bills didn't actually wear red.

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

Recently I e-mailed a design firm in Ottawa who designed the first 3-d senator logo, and the black alternate. Here's his response.

I designed the logo while an employee for the Hockey club. I designed

that jersey as a contractor. All draft materials were retained by the

organization. The logo was designed for the original third jersey

concept done in the mid nineties. The idea was to bring the main

crest to life. The early concepts had his hand up by his throat

holding a wind blown cape. We refined it in stages to bring the face

to be more in proportion to the main crest.

A design note that I can tell you about the jersey was that the the

original concept called for a motif done in gold brocade at the

bottom of the sleeves and around the waist, but the players found the

test jerseys' sleeves too heavy. In the end as you know they went

with the laurel leaf motif printed black on gold fabric.

Just thought I'd share this with you guys.

Hi, how are you?

Growing up, for some reason I thought every NFL team wore a jersey that matched their helmet color. I was surprised when I found out the Bills didn't actually wear red.

Were you also surprised that the Packers didn't wear Yellow (Gold)?

:P

sfkxfsvkkklusgk94vgo.gif

It's possible this logo will end up going the way of (what I like to label) the Philleattle Seagle--sitting in the team's logo vault, collecting dust.

he0r2sbq6u7gr9i2th9q.gif

(For those not in the know, this is--or at least was, don't know if it still is--an alternate logo for the Seattle Seahawks that has yet, at least to my recollection, to see the light of day on any type of official team merchandise.)

this logo is painted on an enormous wall inside of Qwest Field. i have never seen it anywhere else but there.

Archived