Logo And Uniform Prototypes

AsM29

Guest goldenpelicans3

Besides that Cleveland logo, these r all new to me. the only NFL reject that would sort of work was the Titans logos

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whalers5g.gif

Was sent this from a freind a prototype if the team dident move to and be come the canes. They were set to change to this logo

Actually, had the Whalers not moved, their next logo would of been what the Plymouth Whalers currently use. As for this logo, very interesting. Looks like a fan designed logo, though.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

whalers5g.gif

Was sent this from a freind a prototype if the team dident move to and be come the canes. They were set to change to this logo

Actually, had the Whalers not moved, their next logo would of been what the Plymouth Whalers currently use. As for this logo, very interesting. Looks like a fan designed logo, though.

True

1647.gif

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=1647

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

whalers5g.gif

Was sent this from a freind a prototype if the team dident move to and be come the canes. They were set to change to this logo. Thats that the email my freind sent me with the logo

heh, then i'm glad they did move. Wow, I don't understand this at all. The old H-W tail logo was one of the better logos i've ever seen. To replace with some clip arty nonsense? Ah, the mid-90s. Glad you're dead and gone.

heh, then i'm glad they did move. Wow, I don't understand this at all. The old H-W tail logo was one of the better logos i've ever seen.

They would have changed back by now. :P

Who are we kidding?

They would have been sold and moved again by now. :P

Not if they had been selling throwback merchandise with the HW logo on it.... :D

Currently one of the dumber moves by the state of Connecticut, BTW.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

True enough, only I was thinking about the hypothetical in which the never-moved team could be selling their own throwback merchandise, a la the Brewers, Blue Jays, Indians, etc.

I don't understand why the state won't simply license the old logo to the NHL and collect a royalty. Better to make a little money than none at all.

Yeah, in 1996 they modified the Germanic letters slightly and simplified the cap logo from a gold "MB" to a white "M". Rumor was that it was the precursor of other changes to come, was hoping they might have been included in the guide the way the prototype Angels uniforms were....

This is all I have from that season:

MilwaukeeBrewers_USG_1998_SOL_SRGB.gif

Toss those in the bin with the mid 90's Sixers and late 90's Bengals... beautiful unis that were ruined by the crap teams that wore them.

Yeah, in 1996 they modified the Germanic letters slightly and simplified the cap logo from a gold "MB" to a white "M". Rumor was that it was the precursor of other changes to come, was hoping they might have been included in the guide the way the prototype Angels uniforms were....

This is all I have from that season:

MilwaukeeBrewers_USG_1998_SOL_SRGB.gif

Toss those in the bin with the mid 90's Sixers and late 90's Bengals... beautiful unis that were ruined by the crap teams that wore them.

Completely agree with you. There's a store by me selling the original 5950 home cap, and I'm tempted to buy it after wearing my old one into oblivion last year. I also used to own a Starter replica from this era. The main difference was that it was a white home jersey with the road wordmark. Plus, it was made of an incredibly comfortable cotton/poly blend.

(almost laid out $150 on a '99 Eric Plunk game-worn last week)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Original Germanic road jersey + road cap = hot sex.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

True enough, only I was thinking about the hypothetical in which the never-moved team could be selling their own throwback merchandise, a la the Brewers, Blue Jays, Indians, etc.

I don't understand why the state won't simply license the old logo to the NHL and collect a royalty. Better to make a little money than none at all.

Could you elaborate a little more on this please? I don't think I know the story behind it.

I owned all of those Brewers hats, even the dreaded green billed alternate and trust me, they were a mess.

mb%202tone.jpg

But if you love it, and you're a 7 1/8th, here she is for 16 bucks

http://www.lilmoxie.com/catalog/product_in...roducts_id=2191

In fact, check out all their odd 90s hats for cheap. Loren, you must buy that wool Orioles hat. I demand it.

http://www.lilmoxie.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_29

I owned all of those Brewers hats, even the dredded green billed alternate and trust me, they were a mess.

mb%202tone.jpg

In fact, check out all their odd 90s hats for cheap. Loren, you must buy that wool Orioles hat. I demand it.

I used to love that hat, and loved the interlocking 'MB'. After the minor change in 1997(?), I thought they took a step backwards. However now, I think the hats went in the right direction (although really only needed one of them), But I'd still have prefered the original uniforms where the B and S in Brewers, and the M and last E in Milwaukee were bigger and straight, with the letters in between arched. I thought that was better than the all-equal sized and arched letters of the update. And I liked the use of the green. Navy and green aren't used together a lot and I think those colors look great together. Don't know if it really went with a gold logo, but at least using as a rather dominant trim color would be a nice touch.

I owned all of those Brewers hats, even the dreaded green billed alternate and trust me, they were a mess.

mb%202tone.jpg

That logo is HUGE. The fan in the last row of the upperdeck could see that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived