Stanley Cup Patch

Korbyn

With Dallas on there recent cup run, I was thinking ahead to if they won the Confrence finals and went to the Stanley Cup finals.

However there would be a problem because on their Away jersey the Stanley Cup patch would go where they have placed the players number. This would also be a problem if Buffalo, San Jose, Tampa Bay and the New York Islanders went to the finals.

I was curious as to where the Stanley Cup patch would go.

Anyone know?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With Dallas on there recent cup run, I was thinking ahead to if they won the Confrence finals and went to the Stanley Cup finals.

However there would be a problem because on their Away jersey the Stanley Cup patch would go where they have placed the players number. This would also be a problem if Buffalo, San Jose, Tampa Bay and the New York Islanders went to the finals.

I was curious as to where the Stanley Cup patch would go.

Anyone know?

I would think they would just move it to the other shoulder but then you have a problem with the captain jerseys because of the C and A. This is a good question. I would be curious to see where they place it. I guess we have to wait untill next year.

Or you can do something novel, I know this hasn't been thought of, but it's been done before by the New York Rangers, put the logo on the shoulder, not the chest. Problem solved. Next problem... stupid suspended players who appeal their suspensions when it's clearly a suspension. I'm looking at you New York Yankees pitcher who threw twice at someone and the second time at his head!

Or you can do something novel, I know this hasn't been thought of, but it's been done before by the New York Rangers, put the logo on the shoulder, not the chest. Problem solved. Next problem... stupid suspended players who appeal their suspensions when it's clearly a suspension. I'm looking at you New York Yankees pitcher who threw twice at someone and the second time at his head!

Yeah but what about teams like Buffalo that have a logo and a number on the shoulder / sleeve. There really is no place for it .... maybe between the shoulder blades on the back? That's a cool place for a logo that the NBA did and hockey really hasn't come around to.

MLB players appeal their suspensions because they don't have to serve while the appeal is going on, that gives the team time to plan ahead as far as pitching him maybe 2 days in a row because they know hes getting 3 days rest anyway. Or even gives them time to call someone up from the minors if needed.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Or you can do something novel, I know this hasn't been thought of, but it's been done before by the New York Rangers, put the logo on the shoulder, not the chest. Problem solved...............

Yeah but what about teams like Buffalo that have a logo and a number on the shoulder / sleeve. There really is no place for it......

I don't see any other option except substacting the front numbers and adding the patch. I can't wait too see what Detroit is gonna do.

The trainers are the ones who put them on,so i guess theres still a chance it could be on the other side.

Nope, there was a picture in either the News or the Freep showing a patch being sewn onto that side (though it was one without a C or A). I have no problem with the letters being on the "wrong" side as long as they put patches like this on the shoulders. Too bad.

The trainers are the ones who put them on,so i guess theres still a chance it could be on the other side.
Nope, there was a picture in either the News or the Freep showing a patch being sewn onto that side (though it was one without a C or A). I have no problem with the letters being on the "wrong" side as long as they put patches like this on the shoulders. Too bad.

From the Detroit Free Press website:

bildesn1.jpg

From the Yahoo! Sports website:

capte2539835029247bf99akb7.jpg

The Stanley Cup Finals patch is sewn on a Detroit Red Wings hockey game jersey at Sportshaven in Wyandotte, Mich., Wednesday, May 21, 2008. The Pittsburgh Penguins and the Red Wings start the Stanley Cup Finals in Detroit on Saturday, May 24. (AP Photo/Carlos Osorio)

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

Archived