Stanley Cup Patch

Korbyn

Yea I agree with BBM, and whoever else said it should go on the shoulder, it would look better, but I guess it dosn't really look that bad, except for the 4 Cs/As.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why couldn't they have just moved the actual wing logo down another inch or two on the front the jersey to accomodate the C or A in it's usual location? I honestly doubt anyone would notice.

Also, if a team doesn't have a shoulder logo, then I see no problem in putting the Stanley Cup patch there. Mind you, if they got the space for it on the front, you might as well put it there.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Why couldn't they have just moved the actual wing logo down another inch or two on the front the jersey to accomodate the C or A in it's usual location? I honestly doubt anyone would notice.

Also, if a team doesn't have a shoulder logo, then I see no problem in putting the Stanley Cup patch there. Mind you, if they got the space for it on the front, you might as well put it there.

Even if a team does have a shoulder logo, what's the big deal in removing one, unless you're like Atlanta.

Even if a team does have a shoulder logo, what's the big deal in removing one, unless you're like Atlanta.

Name one team that's removed a logo / mark at any time during a season.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So according to that logic, you would need one other team to do it first?

All it would be for jerseys where there is a shoulder logo and maybe the front numbers, just remove the left shoulder logo. I don't see the harm in that.

Hi, how are you?

For every other jersey without a front C or A, it will look normal. So only 4 players out of 23 will look bad. Yep, that was the best solution.

4? no only 3. there is one (1) C and two (2) A's on the team

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

For every other jersey without a front C or A, it will look normal. So only 4 players out of 23 will look bad. Yep, that was the best solution.

4? no only 3. there is one (1) C and two (2) A's on the team

Detroit has 1 Captain - Lidstrom and 3 Alternates - Datsyuk, Draper, and Zetterberg

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Why not put it on the shoulder like the Rangers did in 94?

Because some teams have shoulder logos.

Yes, but Detroit doesn't, so that's a lousy reason.

But Drapes and Datsyuk alternate being the alternate, so technically, only three guys look bad in each game.

Thats stupid, why dont the just pick someone good enough to be it all the time. Pick one or the other. Thats like the wild alternating captians, its stupid, imo the wild should have Pavol Demitra as their captain, Brian Rolston and Marian Gaborik as their assistiants.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but just throwing out a few examples. In 2003 the Columbus Blue Jackets started the season with the jerseys they had worn previously. On Columbus day (so like 4 games into the season) they unveiled their 3rd jersey and the new patches which replaced the green bee on the shoulders of the home and road jersey which was the end of that mark. Another example would be the 2001 Avalanche wore the 2001 All Star Game jersey on their left breast which the removed and put the Stanley Cup place in its patch that season. Also the 1993 LA Kings (and I'm assuming the Montreal Canadiens too) covered the 100 years Stanley Cup patch with a piece of Ultrafil Material and that season's Stanley Cup patch.

SEAsig.png

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but just throwing out a few examples. In 2003 the Columbus Blue Jackets started the season with the jerseys they had worn previously. On Columbus day (so like 4 games into the season) they unveiled their 3rd jersey and the new patches which replaced the green bee on the shoulders of the home and road jersey which was the end of that mark. Another example would be the 2001 Avalanche wore the 2001 All Star Game jersey on their left breast which the removed and put the Stanley Cup place in its patch that season. Also the 1993 LA Kings (and I'm assuming the Montreal Canadiens too) covered the 100 years Stanley Cup patch with a piece of Ultrafil Material and that season's Stanley Cup patch.

OK, but in none of those cases was a "permanent" part of the uniform modified to add a temporary patch. In the CBJ case, they made an in-season uniform change. In the other cases, you're talking about temporary add-on patches.

I haven't seen a team actually remove a permanent part of their uniform in mid-season just to add a temporary element. In this marketing-driven world, I can't see a team removing any of their identifying marks.

Still doesn't explain why DET couldn't have just put it on their sleeve though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

OK, but in none of those cases was a "permanent" part of the uniform modified to add a temporary patch. In the CBJ case, they made an in-season uniform change. In the other cases, you're talking about temporary add-on patches.

I haven't seen a team actually remove a permanent part of their uniform in mid-season just to add a temporary element. In this marketing-driven world, I can't see a team removing any of their identifying marks.

Still doesn't explain why DET couldn't have just put it on their sleeve though.

I know this isn't what you were looking for but I figured I'd add it to the list of patches moving during the season -- the Red Wings moved their "Believe" patch in 1998 to the shoulder to make room for the Cup finals patch.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Here is Yzerman in 2002.

Interesting ...

AADN032~Steve-Yzerman-with-the-2002-Stanley-Cup-06-Photofile-Posters.jpg

The C looks fine, wonder why they changed it this year.

Seeing that picture, I'm actually glad the Red Wings moved their Cs and As to the left side. But I never really minded the change in the first place.

Archived