Another Syracuse change?

Sodboy13

Someone over at Lukas' blog posted a link to this, presumably from NCAA 2009:

2514741447_07cf2ccc4a_o.png

The article also states the "S" on the sides of the helmet is now outlined in white.

If this is accurate, it would be, what, the fourth consecutive year 'Cuse has tinkered with the orange/white balance on their uniforms? At this point, I don't care how it looks - just stick with something for more than a season. Even Oregon can manage that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That looks pretty nice right there, just take the huge stupid S off and that would be a perfect look. I agree though, they need to find a constant look and stick with it. Besides, they already had a great look...

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

If you can believe it, this isn't the end of the changes.

Expect more tweaking of the uniforms in 2008. White will be re-introduced on the numbers of the blue jerseys and down the blue stripe of the orange pants. Gotta have some relief from the color saturation of the home ensemble. That's really why the team wore the white jerseys for the final home game of the season against Cincinnati. The Orange jerseys, which were total duds, are done. Enjoy this look while you can because a full redesign could be coming in 2009.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/20...ay_notes_2.html

They really need to get their act together. The next graduating class will be the second in a row to have different football uniforms for each year they were in school.

And it's always bothered me that the football team and basketball team look like they play for two completely different schools (and that a team called the Orangemen/Orange wore blue uniforms most of the time). I hope this rumored "full redesign" ties the football team into the basketball team the way the lacrosse redesign before this season did.

Is it just coincidence that they are becoming more and more like the classic McNabb-era uniforms every time they change? Personally, I loved the recent set that had no white, though I would have made a few changes. The 'legibility issues' did not bother me. I overlooked them in favor of how unique they were.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That sucks. I loved the look they had last year. I've always thought it looked nice and classy when teams avoided using any white trim in their dark jersey (like Michigan, Minnesota, Oakland Raiders, etc.). The orange isn't as bright as yellow or gold, so it was a risk, but I thought it worked.

here's an idea, Syracuse, why don't you tell Nike to piss off and worry about putting a football team on the field that can compete at a D-1 level for once?

it took a couple decades but Melvin Eggers turned out to be right when he said Syracuse should be a 1-AA school

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived