1 Texas A&M vs 4 Illinois-Chicago

2 Dallas Baptist vs 3 Houston

Long Beach, Calif.

1 Long Beach St vs 4 Fresno St

2 San Diego vs 3 California

Tempe, Az

1 Arizona State vs 4 Stony Brook

2 Vanderbilt vs 3 Oklahoma

All I can say is GO DEVILS FORK EM BABY, and it will be super nice if Michigan took out the Mildcats in Ann Arbor

FORK EM DEVILS AND GO BLUE

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dallas Baptist shouldn't be in this. Besides being a D-2 school, their conference schedule is utterly unimpressive.

I love how ESPN didn't even have their logo in the little square, it just had the blue NCAA logo. And I'm surprised to see Oregon State not make the field. They had a decent record and played well against the field, and they were going for a 3 peat.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Dallas Baptist shouldn't be in this. Besides being a D-2 school, their conference schedule is utterly unimpressive.

Remember that any school can have at least one program at the highest level without moving the entire program up? DBU is just playing by that rule.

Now, being an Independent program means they have to schedule games on their own. But, they do have some feathers in their cap. Dallas Baptist has played...

-Missouri State (40-17 this season and nearly won the MVC tourny)

-Rice, Alabama, Oklahoma, Sam Houston State, Oral Roberts and Texas A&M (All Tourny bound teams and the Patriots have a record of 5-11 against these schools)

You mean to tell me that this team is not worthy of making the tourny? If so, then who did you have in mind, will?

Chapel Hill, N.C.

1 North Carolina vs 4 Mount St. Marys

2 UNC-Wilmington vs 3 Elon

Wow that's a killer draw right there. I could see UNC, UNC-DUB, or Elon escaping that bracket... all for the right to play Coastal Carolina or East Carolina...that's a tough draw.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Remember that any school can have at least one program at the highest level without moving the entire program up? DBU is just playing by that rule.

Now, being an Independent program means they have to schedule games on their own. But, they do have some feathers in their cap. Dallas Baptist has played...

-Rice, Alabama, Oklahoma, Sam Houston State, Oral Roberts and Texas A&M (All Tourny bound teams and the Patriots have a record of 5-11 against these schools)

You mean to tell me that this team is not worthy of making the tourny? If so, then who did you have in mind, will?

Why not Oregon State instead?

Incidentally, it's a pretty dumb rule to allow certain teams exemptions into Division I while they can leave the rest of the program down. As is typical, teams that do that never do anything in the NCAA tournaments anyways.

LvZYtbZ.png

You want to know why Oregon State didn't get in? Because they blew it.

For one, they have a sub-.500 record in the Pac-10. Since the Pac-10 doesn't have a conference tourny to settle it's automatic bid, the conference games matter that much more. Here, the Beavers really didn't shine.

Plus, there were other teams that were better then the Beavers. Dallas Baptist was 37-17 and got in probably due to their strength of schedule. UC Santa Barbara went 35-21 and tied for third in the ultra hard Big West, and how UC Davis, a weaker team in the same conference, got in over UCSB is beyond me.

Some other teams that I can think of that were probably passed over by the committee are...

-William and Mary (36-21)

-LeMoyne (33-21)

-Kent State (36-21)

-Missouri State (40-17)

-New Mexico (34-25)

-Monmouth (37-16)

You can't tell me none of these schools were not as deserving as Dallas Baptist.

Incidentally, it's a pretty dumb rule to allow certain teams exemptions into Division I while they can leave the rest of the program down. As is typical, teams that do that never do anything in the NCAA tournaments anyways.

Doesn't Colorado College do reasonably well in the Frozen Four, and doesn't Johns Hopkins, like, rule Division I lacrosse?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah. Colorado College does well at not only D-I Hockey, but they are somewhat decent at D-I Women's Soccer.

And you can't mention lacrosse without talking about John Hopkins.

Lewis University won the Men's Volleyball Championship a few years ago and I think they're DIII.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Lewis University won the Men's Volleyball Championship a few years ago and I think they're DIII.
The NCAA shows no record of Lewis ever winning the Men's Volleyball Championship.

LvZYtbZ.png

The NCAA shows no record of Lewis ever winning the Men's Volleyball Championship.

ncaasports.com

They won the 2003 National Championship Game, but it was later taken away due to violations. That defeats my point of Lewis, but there are still several other examples that show a lower level school can compete at the top level.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Some of the main reasons for that rule are schools like Bemidji State, Alabama-Huntsville, Minnesota State, and Saint Cloud St. among others. When the NCAA decided not to offer Ice Hockey at the Division II level (too few schools), schools that wished to continue their programs had two options: D-I or D-III, a lot of the remaining D-II programs chose the former.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

It's gonna be a great tourney...hopefully ASU can win a long overdue championship. NC has a great team as well so it will be interesting. Hopefully the Devils get there so I can finally take my road trip to Omaha.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Some of the main reasons for that rule are schools like Bemidji State, Alabama-Huntsville, Minnesota State, and Saint Cloud St. among others. When the NCAA decided not to offer Ice Hockey at the Division II level (too few schools), schools that wished to continue their programs had two options: D-I or D-III, a lot of the remaining D-II programs chose the former.

As long as we're bringing hockey into this, why not mention North Dakota? Sure, they are starting a transition to all D-I next school year, but as a D-II, they have won 7 D-I hockey national titles... Or, how about Lake Superior State? A D-II school with 3 D-I hockey national titles? Or Michigan Tech? Again, a D-II school with 3 D-I hockey national titles? Or Northern Michigan, again, a D-II school with a D-I hockey national title? The previousley mentioned Colorado College is a D-III school with 2 D-I hockey national titles (but those were back in the 1950's - they were, however in the national title game as recently as 1996)...

As to the baseball, I'll be rooting for Vandy and UC-Irvine!

Moose

Archived