Sign in to follow this  
Gary

The Road to Omaha 2008

Oh, BTW, why is Michigan hosting a regional instead of Arizona?

Because the Wolverines were very good this year, and from what I understand, the NCAA desires to spread out the regionals geographically.

Because the Wolverines were very good this year, and from what I understand, the NCAA desires to spread out the regionals geographically.

That I can understand, why have 2 regionals in one state when we can spread it out regionally and geographically

Well, so far...

-Lipscomb 10, Georgia 7 (Upset of the day... so far)

-Arizona wins 13-7 against Eastern Michigan (Much to the shagrin on Gary and the other Sun Devil fans)

-Nebraska survives in a shootout with Eastern Illinois 13-10

-Houston spoils the NCAA debut of DBU with a 9-5 win (and furthermore, this makes Will happy)

That I can understand, why have 2 regionals in one state when we can spread it out regionally and geographically

That has nothing to do with it. You have to apply at the begining of the season. Arizona didnt apply to host.

Other scores:

St Johns beat Texas 2-1

Tulane beat Florida 7-4

Well, so far...

-Arizona wins 13-7 against Eastern Michigan (Much to the shagrin on Gary and the other Sun Devil fans)

-Houston spoils the NCAA debut of DBU with a 9-5 win (and furthermore, this makes Will happy)

Well duh, I'd love to see the Mildcats lose, but hey they beat EMU. Don't worry Michigan will dust em like nothing. Plus Island Style I know about the application proccess. I just know there are times the NCAA does not like to place regionals in the same state.

Well, so far...

Well duh, I'd love to see the Mildcats lose, but hey they beat EMU. Don't worry Michigan will dust em like nothing. Plus Island Style I know about the application proccess. I just know there are times the NCAA does not like to place regionals in the same state.

They do it in Florida all the time. There are two going on in Florida right now. There are two in North Carolina, two in Texas and three in California.

Well, so far...

They do it in Florida all the time. There are two going on in Florida right now. There are two in North Carolina, two in Texas and three in California.

Well yeah I understand what you mean, but as far as places like Arizona, I don't think i've ever seen it here. I guess it depends where they want to go but oh well, guess that's the way the ball bounces.

Well both FSU and Miami are host sites, and both are in Florida, so no such luck in that argument. I haven't a clue why ASU and UA couldn't have both hosted regionals.

Wow. Tough first day for the SEC. Only Alabama (ugh) won on day one.

LSU and South Carolina also won today....

Wow. Tough first day for the SEC. Only Alabama (ugh) won on day one.

LSU and South Carolina also won today....

Crap you're right. Still, tough first day.

Well both FSU and Miami are host sites, and both are in Florida, so no such luck in that argument. I haven't a clue why ASU and UA couldn't have both hosted regionals.

Because there are 11 million more people in Florida, and it is closer to the baseball hotbeds of the Southeast?

Florida State was down 5-1 at one point in the game against Florida. They came back and won 17 - 11.

Went to the Tempe regional games on Saturday...My Devils crushed Oklahoma 15-3 and Vandy beat Stony Brook. So good so far.