Sign in to follow this  
Gary

The Road to Omaha 2008

Well it's set. Georgia vs Fresno State for the most unlikely CWS title in years :)

You mean it's gonna be the SEC vs. the WAC?

Ooh, this is an easy one! Go Bulldogs .... of Fresno!

The last time the SEC and WAC met each other in an important matchup in college sports...

sack.jpg

Sack%20Brennan.jpg

DawgsChamps.jpg

I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin. ^_^

It took me two weeks to get the Battle Hymn of the Republic out of my head after watching that game.

I think I will root for the Bulldogs!

Yikes, looks like Fresno State's glass slipper just may about be broken, they just blew a three run lead in the 8th after a really well played game :wacko:

Yikes, looks like Fresno State's glass slipper just may about be broken, they just blew a three run lead in the 8th after a really well played game :wacko:

Ouch.

I know the series isn't over yet, but did you actually expect Cinderella to win it all?

Deciding game time. Fresno State won 19-10 tonight. It's far from over.

I'll cheer for Fresno State for a very CCSLC reason; Georgia wears white hats and white hats look terrible on every level of baseball. White helmets look even worse. They resemble milk-men.

Verrrrry nice beatdown by Fresno State tonight.

Chalk up a win for the Western Athletic Conference. :D

Let's hope Fresno State takes it tonight to keep the NCAA Baseball title on the West Coast for the 3rd straight year and for the 4th time in 5 years.

Deciding game time. Fresno State won 19-10 tonight. It's far from over.

I'll cheer for Fresno State for a very CCSLC reason; Georgia wears white hats and white hats look terrible on every level of baseball. White helmets look even worse. They resemble milk-men.

Truer words have never been spoken. And how bad does that white helmet look with the pine tar glarp on it? :mad:

Last night I was watching the Orioles vs. Cubs, Fresno St. vs. Georgia and Minnesota vs. San Diego all at the same time and man, did the ping of the aluminum bats at the college game were like a knife in the ear. After Fresno built a large lead, the only thing that kept me coming back was the hope of seeing Erin Andrews, even if last night's outfit was not what it could have been.

Here's hoping for a memorable game and a better choice of clothing for Ms. Andrews.

even though they beat the Sun Devils, I will be rooting for Fresno State, finally the Cinderella team wins it all. Just like George Mason and the Boise States of the world, Fresno State can pull it off

Awesome to see a cinderella win one

Noticed something too. 3 of the past 6 major NCAA championships (men's basketball, lacrosse, and baseball with men's hockey, women's basketball, and softball need not apply), this occured

-Hoops: Memphis was leading by around 11 against Kansas. Kansas wins

-Lax: Johns Hopkins had a 4 goal lead against Syracuse. Syracuse wins (thank god)

-Baseball: Georgia up 5-0 in game 2 in a series they lead 1-0, Fresno States wins that game and the series

Talk about the year of the comeback in college sports

When Georgia entered the tournament, they were coming off an 0-2 performance in the SEC Tournament as the #1 seed and had a terrible series against Alabama just before that. If you said that UGA would be playing in Game 3 of the World Series' Chapionship Final, I wouldn't have believed that. Great showing by the Dawgs! And congrats to Fresno.

Now us UGA fans can refocus on the upcoming football season......

Awesome to see a cinderella win one

Noticed something too. 3 of the past 6 major NCAA championships (men's basketball, lacrosse, and baseball with men's hockey, women's basketball, and softball need not apply), this occured

-Hoops: Memphis was leading by around 11 against Kansas. Kansas wins

-Lax: Johns Hopkins had a 4 goal lead against Syracuse. Syracuse wins (thank god)

-Baseball: Georgia up 5-0 in game 2 in a series they lead 1-0, Fresno States wins that game and the series

Talk about the year of the comeback in college sports

Ohio State was up 10-0 on LSU before the Tigers realized they were playing a lowly Big Eleven team and went on to smoke them for the BCS title....

It's been an interesting calendar year so far for UGA athletics. It began with the Sugar Bowl beatdown of unbeaten Hawaii, then the men's basketball team (seeded 6th in the East Division) wins four games in four days to win the SEC Tournament and reach the NCAA Tournament, then the baseball team has a second half surge and gets within one game of a National Championship. The gymnastics team won a title again, and so did some other sport, but those inferior sports teams don't count..... B)

I want to say that 14 games in the tournament is the most ever, and only two behind the maximum of 16 games.

The last time the SEC and WAC met each other in an important matchup in college sports...

capt.302bd69cf7a4492d96eb5f12df241780.cws_finals_baseball_cws110.jpg

capt.58f8cfbd2e8f40bf8abe89359b394e9a.cws_finals_baseball_cws113.jpg

capt.57f068e64279454ba8f06c6708493361.cws_finals_baseball_cws117.jpg

I'm not sayin, but I'm just sayin. ^_^

Fixed.

:D

It's really nice to see a WAC team win the National Title. Goes a long way towards bringing that conference into major conference status.